AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

13 minutes ago, mim731 said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/sting-aew-wrestling

Just when you thought you couldn't love Sting any more. This is a great read, very honest too. 

This, Kingston, Huber. Three very different articles that properly humanise those we see on tv and show relatable flaws we call all identify with and bond with them as characters and people. 

6 hours ago, Matthew said:

It says something when there have been 4 posts about Dynamite so far; and none mention Jeff’s debut,

Absolutely loved that debut, what a get, that they got his music too.  One of the reasons I love wrestling is for moments like that.

AEW can use the old Hardy theme as it is royalty free stock music from the 90's they gave to the 2 enhancement wrestlers.

I used to hear it on car and bike shows in the early 2000s and wonder how they were allowed to use WWE themes ?

Edit: Here's the theme on Top Gear 

Edited by Version1.0
Top Gear

• Paid Members

Th

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

Just when you thought you couldn't love Sting any more. This is a great read, very honest too. 

The bit with Isaiah Cassidy, so sweet. So was hearing about geek Punk as well. These articles are always great.

The other thing I love about AEW is the wrestlers doing Vlogs. You end up seeing a totally different side to these wrestlers and it makes me care a lot more about all of them because of this.

The exception being Sammy’s Vlog which has pretty much turned into his and Tay’s excellent adventures in love.

48 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Th

The bit with Isaiah Cassidy, so sweet. So was hearing about geek Punk as well. These articles are always great.

The other thing I love about AEW is the wrestlers doing Vlogs. You end up seeing a totally different side to these wrestlers and it makes me care a lot more about all of them because of this.

The exception being Sammy’s Vlog which has pretty much turned into his and Tay’s excellent adventures in love.

Give us back sammy with his crew being stoned out their box in the hotel over the Tay stuff. It’s a good job it was his ex that ended it, she’s done well avoiding this cringe fest. 

Ethan page and Evil Uno just seem to want to get others over in what they post, makes you want to see them do well as just seen great people. Unos dedication to staying masked is unreal. 

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Louch said:

Give us back sammy with his crew being stoned out their box in the hotel over the Tay stuff. It’s a good job it was his ex that ended it, she’s done well avoiding this cringe fest. 

Ethan page and Evil Uno just seem to want to get others over in what they post, makes you want to see them do well as just seen great people. Unos dedication to staying masked is unreal. 

Nothing better then doing Uno doing a toy hunt in his mask, with a surgical mask over his mask as well.

And couldn’t agree, Sammy’s Vlog with Dustin and his son Fuego, Charlie Ramone, Marko playing guitar. My how it’s fallen. Pam was a (or came across as a) sweetheart and while Tay has been so good with Negative 1, now there a couple the vibe just seems off somehow. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Version1.0 said:

AEW can use the old Hardy theme as it is royalty free stock music from the 90's they gave to the 2 enhancement wrestlers.

I used to hear it on car and bike shows in the early 2000s and wonder how they were allowed to use WWE themes ?

Edit: Here's the theme on Top Gear 

I remember it playing as the music bed on a CD that was given away on the front of an issue of either Kerrang or Metal Hammer where a DJ from the radio talked over it to introduce the compilation. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, mim731 said:

Thanks for posting - that was was a fabulous read and a fascinating insight into Sting's mindset. I was never a huge fan of his because I was partisan back in the 80s and 90s and watched WWF exclusively. I never really saw Sting or his matches. 

One curiosity that always strikes me with certain wrestlers - having been body builders for a long, long time, at what point do they "give up" trying to maintain a physique? Even going back to his match against Hogan in TNA, when he was still fairly active (also 10 years ago or so) he just looked old and out of shape.

Now I did a lot of training and powerlifting myself back in the day so I totally understand that as you get older, other priorities come along and it is harder and harder to do consistently workout/eat properly. My curiosity with wrestlers though is that when they are getting paid as wrestlers, shouldn't they make more of an effort? I'm absolutely loving Sting's AEW run so far and throwing himself about in his 60s is entertaining...but it still looks like a man in his 60s diving about. A complete ramble off on a tangent but seeing pictures of when he was jacked got me thinking about it.

It appears that Regal went long with his promo and has issued an apology 

While I’m sure there would be very few who would hold it against him, that’s a classy thing to do on his part. 
Personally I’m looking forward to the upcoming podcasts that he’s likely to appear on.

As much as I liked hearing Regal talk after all these years (I've never really watched NXT). You could tell at times he was wandering from the point as the emotion of the moment got to him.

Which I don't think anyone would complain about considering the esteem he is held in.

EDIT: On a Regal side note. Still hoping for at least the one UK show this year. I'm sure he'll be the star at the end of the night for the go home speeches. Maybe we even get Mox & Danielson v. somebody in the main event to set it up :)

Edited by Infinity Land

I enjoyed the show immensely. That first hour, especially. Wardlow's promo isn't getting much talk in here but I thought it was pretty good and given he doesn't cut a lot of promos, better than I would have expected. Also, that world title match caught me off-guard. Justin Roberts announcing "for the AEW World championship" during Dante's entrance was a real "wait, what?" moment.

Quite happy for the TNT title to go onto Scorpio. I like Sammy's matches but outside of in-ring, he's not up to much.

Edited by 69MeDon

4 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Also, that world title match caught me off-guard. Justin Roberts announcing "for the AEW World championship" during Dante's entrance was a real

I think this helped my enjoyment of the show. I went to bed last night only knowing Scorpio Sky v. Sammy and Thunder v. Leyla match wise.

Between then and the show starting they announced the World Title defense, World Tag Title defense, and Mox & Bryan v. Workhorsemen.

I really don’t think their heavyweight champion should be struggling to beat a guy with less than a year’s singles experience.  That didn’t help their champ look strong, and he needs to be built up more.

Re the vlog chat, I think I let Ethan Page off a lot because his vlog is probably the best one. It's just a very fun bit of chat with his mates. The toy hunts are rather fun too. 

I think Sammy and Conti are unlikeable because they're an annoyingly attractive couple and Sammy seems, as much as I do like him, a bit of an arse. Best thing on that is Aaron Solo, he who has a humour so dry and railroading that it's rather impressive. The bit with Christian Cage demanding 5k for a vlog fee is also Christian being the proper funny bastard I miss.