Wordle (and other puzzle type things)

SuperBacon

Anyone else playing this? Had my first attempt today and was pleased I got it.

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Wordle 193 5/6

🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I suppose we could pop other puzzles and things in here as well.

I'm a big crossword fan and do the Guardian Quick every day. I try and complete it in under 5 minutes (even went briefly mad under the duress of the kids and started a short lived YouTube channel of my efforts before I realised I couldn't be arsed. If you can find it, enjoy :) ) and I've never really found any others that I enjoy as much. I tried the New York Times one a few times and just couldn't get into it.

During the first lockdown I went back through their archives, and started from the year 2000. Now I'm working my way through 2004. Sad I know.

Anyway, let's see your Wordle scores lads. 

Wordle 193 3/6

🟩

🟩🟨🟨🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That's a decent wee game that. I used to enjoy a crossword but couldn't tell you the last time I did one. 

As a family we really enjoy an Escape Room but have found the board game or online versions to be a bit rubbish. 

8 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

As a family we really enjoy an Escape Room but have found the board game or online versions to be a bit rubbish. 

Yeah I enjoy an Escape Room. It completely depends on who you do it with though obviously. 

The first time I did one, was one of the first ones around in London (London Bridge IIRC) and went with two ex colleagues and we had a blast.

We didn't get it done in time and had to call through for extra clues, but we all just really had fun.

I can imagine doing it with people who are super competitive isn't all that much fun.

9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah I enjoy an Escape Room. It completely depends on who you do it with though obviously. 

The first time I did one, was one of the first ones around in London (London Bridge IIRC) and went with two ex colleagues and we had a blast.

We didn't get it done in time and had to call through for extra clues, but we all just really had fun.

I can imagine doing it with people who are super competitive isn't all that much fun.

We did one with the wider family, men against women as this place has two identical rooms. My brother and his wife didn't speak for a few days after it, which is a bit much. The women's team won by a good 15 minutes, mainly as my brother and I disagreed in a clue. Turned out we were both wrong.

I did one with Mrs Chutney and our son at Stirling Jail, which was great as it had a good backstory and has geared to include younger players.