Need help or a chat?

Thunderplex

52 minutes ago, Chili said:

Bump. 

I start cognitive behavioural therapy tomorrow. I know it'll help, but generally I find it a bit upsetting. Maybe down to just finding that stuff all a bit enormous. 

Might be alright. 

Just remember if it isn’t working for you that isn’t your fault. It doesn’t work for everyone. 

53 minutes ago, Chili said:

Bump. 

I start cognitive behavioural therapy tomorrow. I know it'll help, but generally I find it a bit upsetting. Maybe down to just finding that stuff all a bit enormous. 

Might be alright. 

CBT along with psychotherapy is the best thing I have ever had the fortune of doing.

I hope it helps you mate.

I'm struggling. I have huge anxiety, panic attacks. I need to end my marriage as I just don't love my wife the way I should anymore. I feel so bad that I have tried for so long to fix this all. I won't see daughters every day and I will be all alone. I'm scared. I can't sleep or eat, I crashed my car yesterday. I don't know what to do. 

6 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

I'm struggling. I have huge anxiety, panic attacks. I need to end my marriage as I just don't love my wife the way I should anymore. I feel so bad that I have tried for so long to fix this all. I won't see daughters every day and I will be all alone. I'm scared. I can't sleep or eat, I crashed my car yesterday. I don't know what to do. 

Mate, I think you should speak to a medical professional as soon as you can. Can you make a doctors appointment tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Just remember if it isn’t working for you that isn’t your fault. It doesn’t work for everyone. 

Definitely this! I started it a few years ago. Felt like a waste of my time, I abandoned it half way through. It was one thing telling me what I need to do, I needed to know how to do it (I still don’t). Good luck @Chili hope it works for you! 

32 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Definitely talk to a professional  soon! I was in a similar situation 8 years ago (though the wife left me and I didn’t have a car crash). Wish I’d asked for help earlier. Again, good luck and focus on your daughters. Without mine I don’t know what I may have done. 

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Bump. 

Might be alright. 

All I would say is go in with an open mind and give it your best try. That's all anyone can do. Give it time. There's no quick fix. And if it doesn't work for you personally then that's okay too. It's not a waste of time to try different things.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's not a waste of time to try different things.

Indeed. And if it doesn’t work, you haven’t failed, you’ve succeeded in ruling something out, thus are a step closer to finding something that works. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Chili said:

Bump. 

Might be alright. 

Best of luck. I know it's upsetting but try and look at it from this perspective - as part of your wider journey and reasons for doing this, you are essentially entering day 1 of an adventure - a fact-finding mission about yourself. No session is a bad session - depending on where this all takes you, how many sessions you have, or if it's not quite your thing and it leads you to something else, you're already building the foundations for your next steps on your journey. So be patient with yourself, give yourself time and keep collecting as much useful information about yourself as you can. And once you get further along that path and things calm down a bit for you, you'll be in a great position to help other people who are going though/have gone through similar things 👍

6 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Sorry to hear this. As others have said, highly reccomend seeing a professional. If you're struggling with food, try and keep yourself hydrated with water as much as possible which will keep your body and mind on slightly more of an even keel. Keep your daughters as your primary focus too. Is there anyone else you can talk to, close friends or family? If you're worried about that side of it because you don't want to upset anyone else, all the more reason to seek out a neutral professional who can give you an alternative perspective.

• 1 month later...

BUMP.

After a horrendous few weeks with some very low points I just wanted to come on here to say I am getting the help I need. I have created a support network and I am going to fight tooth and nail to beat this for me and for my girls. 

I might be a bit broken but I am very fixable. Thank you all. 

• Paid Members

Everything just feels a bit too much at the moment. I think some of it is because I'm still not back in work and money is getting tighter, but I've been feeling overwhelmed a lot recently. My sleep pattern is shot, not least because the cat has been a little needy and anxious while the wind has been high, but also because she's going through a "knocking things off shelves really early in the morning" phase. It's been a busy week, plus there was anxiety waiting to hear what was going on with work. It's been 8 months since my autism assessment, and I've not heard anything back from anybody apart from friends about what to do next. I know I should chase up with my doctor about it, but have no idea what I'd say or where to go from here. I'm mulling over the idea of applying for some PIP because there are things I do struggle with, but I also know from experiencing people around me applying for PIP what a nightmare of a process it can be. I constantly feel like I'm either under or over stimulated.