• Paid Members

Anyone watching it, then?

We've watched the first two episodes and it's really well done, how they're using the players' knowledge of the TV series against them and who they're focusing on with their coverage. It's as good, daft, game show fun as I was hoping for. Netflix should do more shit like this.

I think they should change the rules so they can actually kill 432 though. What a tosspot.

• Paid Members

We've watched the first 5 and enjoyed it so far. They did a great job remaking the set to be true to the series and it all feels spot on. Quite a few nods to the show itself too with some of the contestants and how they act which is cool even if they were likely pre orchestrated. 

The online reaction doesn't seem to be great and lots of the contestants had a hell of a rough time filming Red Light, Green light by all accounts. 

Can't wait for the 2nd batch!

I think we're on episode 5 or 6 and really enjoying it, other than Wolf from Gladiators getting eliminated the second he appeared on screen in Red Light Green Light. It definitely improves when the numbers start to thin and they've leaned in to making some people villains. I've enjoyed some of the twists such as 

Spoiler

everybody being convinced they were doing tug of war and it being Battleships instead. Shouted out loud and punched the air when that cunt 432 got eliminated.

My Mrs suggested an idea for the cookie game which would have been even more fucked up and I'm disappointed they didn't go her route. Following all the backstabbing and bullying to not get the umbrella door she said that after all that when they got their tins all the cookies should have been random, similar to in the actual show, so it turned out all they were fucking each other over for all along was that the door just dictated the teams and running order.

Just finished episode 7 and yeah, I have to admit that it's much more entertaining than I expected it to be.

Reading/hearing comments online (which seem more mixed than negative, imo) about how insert number here, is totally a plant or the rigged winner, only for that person to be eliminated, has been pretty funny. 

Episode 1 was a bit of a struggle and the most over produced, imo. By episode 3 though, it got it's hooks in me. 

• Paid Members

Absolutely loved Battleships. Some great tension. I also enjoyed when that guy won a burger and chips and got surrounded by contestants like zombies all grabbing his food. Jack in the Box and the strategies used were perfect. The same shithousery I would’ve used.  

I would’ve lost my rag with 432 pretty quickly. One of the biggest wankers ever on a reality show. 

3 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Wolf from Gladiators getting eliminated the second he appeared on screen in Red Light Green Light

Leva Bates too. 

Haven’t watched any of the new episodes yet but 

Spoiler

The look on the mother and sons faces when they realised that one would have to eliminate the other. Great drama. 

The umbrella shape should have been already cut out once they opened the lids.  Automatic win for the whole team.
That would have been the ultimate reversal after the bullying that went into trying to force people to have it, and it would have really f**cked with them all mentally as to how the games worked.

Guy with the phone should have just said 'I'm not allowed to have two in a row...' and put the phone down.  Someone else would have picked it up.

Bizarre how many Americans are in it considering it was filmed in Bedford?

1 hour ago, TibBo said:

Bizarre how many Americans are in it considering it was filmed in Bedford?

I'm assuming that it's largely going to be marketed to an American audience , so I'm not surprised by the amount of Americans on the show. Guessing that filming it in the UK was cost related. 

Caught up. 

Spoiler

The glass bridge, and circle of trust was some nerve wracking shit. They also really fucked with the viewers by not showing who placed the box, in the final round.

Edit wanker. 

Spoiler

Most people online fuming over 278/Ashley for not playing ball during the bridge game, while ignoring 287/Mai fucking over the girl group, is hilarious. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

I've watched 4 episodes, it's not a good show but it's on as background TV because there is fuck all else on. It is better than it has a right to be though.

Pros

lots of the ones I didn't like are out.

The sets are quite good.

It's quite faithful.

Negatives

None of the characters are likeable.

The fake overacted deaths.

The guy who is with his mum, he was odd and blatantly wanks dogs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Player 299 might just be equally the most pathetic and most gross individual I’ve ever seen on a reality show. 21 year old Mormon who comes on, says he pisses the bed, immediately bottles it and then spends the whole challenge wretching and dry heaving. 

The games are fun to watch but managing to gather so many unlikeable people at one go is quite the achievement. We can’t stomach the reality TV parts between.

• Paid Members

We finished this last night. Pretty satisfied with the winner, and the finalists in fact. No cunts to be seen. The next series needs to feature less eliminations and more games though, there was too much of people just being randomly booted out.

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

We finished this last night. Pretty satisfied with the winner, and the finalists in fact. No cunts to be seen. The next series needs to feature less eliminations and more games though, there was too much of people just being randomly booted out.

Yeah, I totally agree with this. Some of the eliminations felt a bit unfair, turning the whole thing into more of a lottery than it already was, and killing some interesting stories before they felt resolved. I’m glad they’re bringing it back, though.

For anyone who enjoyed this, I’d recommend Physical 100 and Siren: Survive the Island (both are on Netflix) - they’re not exactly the same (which is to their benefit) but they’re very enjoyable to watch.