Heels on Starz

DavidB6937

Anyone else planning on watching this?

First episode was released today. Think it'll take a while to warm to some of the characters and the relationships. But obviously being a wrestling fan it's interesting to see a drama from this perspective. A small town wrestling family in a modern world.

A good few inside references although sometimes it feels like they're quite on the nose with trying to explain things.

I'll stick with it. Starz stuff is usually pretty decent and some of the cast is alright. And Punk will be in it. By the end of the first episode they definitely set some interesting things in place.

28 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Anyone else planning on watching this?

First episode was released today. Think it'll take a while to warm to some of the characters and the relationships. But obviously being a wrestling fan it's interesting to see a drama from this perspective. A small town wrestling family in a modern world.

A good few inside references although sometimes it feels like they're quite on the nose with trying to explain things.

I'll stick with it. Starz stuff is usually pretty decent and some of the cast is alright. And Punk will be in it. By the end of the first episode they definitely set some interesting things in place.

I'd it broadcast in the UK?

Its airing on Starzplay in the UK. I intend to wait until all episodes have aired, then take the free 7 day trial available here: https://www.starz.com/gb/en/ and will blitz through it in a week. 

I already pay for Amazon Prime, Disney+, Netflix, AEW Plus & NJPW World - I'm not paying for any more streaming services!!!

• Paid Members

Starz quite often do a ÂŁ1.99 per month for 6 months deal for their app or Amazon.

We got it to watch The Stand, whilst I haven't made the most of it they have quite a few shows you can't get anywhere else.

Edited by Weezenal

7 hours ago, Weezenal said:

Starz quite often do a ÂŁ1.99 per month for 6 months deal for their app or Amazon.

We got it to watch The Stand, whilst I haven't made the most of it they have quite a few shows you can't get anywhere else.

Yep I've done it a few times now. I got it originally for The Act but there's some decent older stuff like Fringe and Party Down, and the wife loves the White Queen and all that stuff so it's not been bad for that money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 8/15/2021 at 10:49 AM, Weezenal said:

Just remembered to cancel they offered me it for ÂŁ2.99, rejected it and got it for ÂŁ1.49 and month for 6 months.

If you have a VPN the US version has some decent stuff sometimes as well.