• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Breaking on today from 3pm. Let's gooooooo.

Loads of cycling track events though which is absolutely shit I'm afraid.

Don't be afraid buddy, just bask in your wrongness. I understand that track cycling isn't for everyone but if you can watch the kierin, the madison, or the elimination and think it's shit then I don't even know why you'd watch sport. 

• Paid Members

I thought I liked the track cycling and I was sat watching last night and realised that it was both boring and stupid and unnecessarily convoluted. Get rid of it.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

An odd time for me, watching the B-girls - Portugal's rep, Vanessa, used to be an artist on my books. When you're that level, though, you don't really need casting work - you're making a full-time living dancing.

Will say this, however: there were a couple of competitors than whom I'm surprised the UK had nobody better. 

Overall, great fun, and a high standard of competitor. Awesome to see 41 year-old Ayumi competing still at the highest level.

It's annoying to hear that breaking most likely won't be at the next Olympics because of the usual close-minded (and often racist) nobs who refuse to recognise its sporting capacity, but will defend rhythmic gymnastics.

Looking forward to the men's event. That's going to be spectacular.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

I watched the Keirin at my mum’s house yesterday. I was recovering from sedation after a gastroscopy. I quipped “doesn’t the dude on the motorbike always win?” I thought I was fucking hilarious. Midazolam is a hell of a drug. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

the track cycling was both boring and stupid and unnecessarily convoluted. Get rid of it.

8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Loads of cycling track events though which is absolutely shit I'm afraid.

Two good men. Nonsense it is. Switched the TV on just before the men's 4x100M and it's all been great since then apart from whatever the hell that 4 laps of the bike track was that they switched to for a couple of minutes. 

• Paid Members

I'm sure I've been told why before, but i can't be bothered to retain the information, but the stupid thing where they coyly go around the track a few times before bombing it for the last lap is so fucking shit.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I'm sure I've been told why before, but i can't be bothered to retain the information, but the stupid thing where they coyly go around the track a few times before bombing it for the last lap is so fucking shit.

Yep, that's the bit I caught. What a load of bollocks that was.