The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Looks like Unai Emery is all but confirmed at Newcastle.

Or not. BBC reporting he was unsure as to what the clubs vision was when their top choices were him or Eddie Howe. I can see his point to be fair.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Or not. BBC reporting he was unsure as to what the clubs vision was when their top choices were him or Eddie Howe. I can see his point to be fair.

Beeb quoting Balague. Newcastle fans lining up to tell him he knows nothing. Touchy bunch. You'd think becoming the World's biggest club would cheer them up but they're out there on the attacking with their new found knowledge of human rights in Saudi Arabia and Spanish football managers 🤣

• Paid Members

Clear lack of vision for sure. Apparently they have been rebuffed by Xavi, Conte and Jogi Lowe so far already. It's a real scattergun approach.

They need to get the higher level sorted first (bring in a director of football etc) to steer this project and decide exactly what their vision is. So far it's nothing like City. That said, unlike City they have a very real chance of relegation (which would be fucking hilarious).

1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

Ah well. Emery's just confirmed he's jibbed us off.

Probably Howe then, innit?

I'm increasingly convinced that the Saudis know we're heading down and are just getting their ducks in a row, ready for a proper rebuild.

It’s just turned November, we’re ten games in and you’re six points off safety I doubt they’ve resigned themselves to relegation yet. If that is the case just get BFS back for a glorious return and a fairer crack of the whip this time.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

If that is the case just get BFS back for a glorious return and a fairer crack of the whip this time.

This is clearly the best way to go for the rest of the season. This is his dance, he knows the moves.

Best Sam Allardyce GIFs | Gfycat