The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Chelsea are considering an approach for Ronaldo. Proper scattergun approach with their transfer targets going on over there, which I suppose isn't surprising considering Marina Gravniovska, Petr Cech and Bruce Buck have all been replaced by...the new owner. Todd Boehly seems to be doing all of the jobs! Maybe he will also start playing up top, training the U23s and racially abusing people on the tube, this making pretty much everyone else at the club redundant. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Chelsea are considering an approach for Ronaldo. Proper scattergun approach with their transfer targets going on over there, which I suppose isn't surprising considering Marina Gravniovska, Petr Cech and Bruce Buck have all been replaced by...the new owner. Todd Boehly seems to be doing all of the jobs! Maybe he will also start playing up top, training the U23s and racially abusing people on the tube, this making pretty much everyone else at the club redundant. 

This has the stench of "commercial opportunity" all over it. Although the possibility of signing both him and Neymar and watching them immediately fall out has potential.

Ornstein reporting that Tuchel has a veto which hopefully he'd use.

While irrelevant to this thread, we’ve a lad from Wolverhampton staying in my pub who claims

A) Gareth Bale has never been world class

B) Roberto Baggio was shite

C) “Marco Van who?”

His dogs are in the garage area. A 38 year old man making those statements. Fuck me. Another classic was “Wayne Rooney had a lucky break when he was young. He scored some fluke fantastic goals...”

Some people don’t deserve football

Edited by Butch2000

6 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

While irrelevant to this thread, we’ve a lad from Wolverhampton staying in my pub who claims

A) Gareth Bale has never been world class

B) Roberto Baggio was shite

C) “Marco Van who?”

His dogs are in the garage area. A 38 year old man making those statements. Fuck me. Another classic was “Wayne Rooney had a lucky break when he was young. He scored some fluke fantastic goals...”

Some people don’t deserve football

Yeah, those are all dreadful takes.

That would be Man Utd and England record goal scorer Wayne Rooney, who won everything in his career?

The 'Rooney never reached his potential' narrative really winds me up, and people are thinking about England when they say it, and they blame him for that squad never achieving anything and overlook his club record.

Tell the man we all think he's an idiot.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The 'Rooney never reached his potential' narrative really winds me up, and people are thinking about England when they say it, and they blame him for that squad never achieving anything and overlook his club record.

I don’t think it’s just that. He should have done better than he did given his talent and meteoric rise. He went three years without a competitive goal for England between Euro 2004 and a McLaren qualifier. He didn’t score in a World Cup until 2014, getting himself sent off like a petulant twat in one and playing shit and mouthing off to the camera in the next. He went 8 years between Euro 2004 and his next tournament goal as a consequence and his sum total contributions in tournaments after 2004 was two tap ins and one penalty in five efforts. In only one qualifying campaign (under Capello) against minnows did he hit the heights that he should have and that Kane does with consistency, and as I may have mentioned in a previous post, with his God given ability he should have smashed the record earlier and in fewer games than he needed. He had Gascoigne ability with Lineker eye for goal and it’s hard not to look back and think he should have done better with the years afforded him by such a bright start.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I don’t think it’s just that. He should have done better than he did given his talent and meteoric rise. He went three years without a competitive goal for England between Euro 2004 and a McLaren qualifier. He didn’t score in a World Cup until 2014, getting himself sent off like a petulant twat in one and playing shit and mouthing off to the camera in the next. He went 8 years between Euro 2004 and his next tournament goal as a consequence and his sum total contributions in tournaments after 2004 was two tap ins and one penalty in five efforts. In only one qualifying campaign (under Capello) against minnows did he hit the heights that he should have and that Kane does with consistency, and as I may have mentioned in a previous post, with his God given ability he should have smashed the record earlier and in fewer games than he needed. He had Gascoigne ability with Lineker eye for goal and it’s hard not to look back and think he should have done better with the years afforded him by such a bright start.

Good. Fuck England.