The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

No way! He was a French international that played for a few big clubs in Europe, joined us and was bloody terrible. Even worse than Silvestre when he played for us. Arguably the worst centre back we've ever had and the only reason I'm not calling him the worst defender we've ever had is because left back Andre Santos existed. 

On 7/2/2022 at 7:07 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

Napoli? Surely he'll be bound for PSG and their band of mercenaries? 

Changed days at PSG, remember. Christophe Gaultier as manager, Neymar told to get lost. They're threatening to become an actual football team.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I hope all you United fans understand just what a fabulous player you're getting. 

All the ones I work with will do, as they'd written the possibility off as "I'll believe it when I see it" in the optimism stakes.

Down our way, if the Lenglet transfer goes through, this will have all the hallmarks of ANOTHER season where a ton of money gets spent then the manager is out the door within 10 games. Jol, Ramos, ... Conte. I can see it.

Feyenoord defender and Dutch international Tyrell Malacia is Manchester United bound for about 15 million Euro ... And Feyenoord striker and Columbian international Sinistera is about to sign witb Leeds United, according to news over here in the Netherlands for between 20 and 30 million Euro, setting a new outgoing transfer record for Feyenoord. (a record previously held by Dirk Kuijt when he signed with Liverpool). 

With Guus Til (who was on loan from Spartak Moscow) now singing with PSV Eindhoven, thats 3 of the starting line players now gone... All 3 also started in the Conference League Final...

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Marc Ambush Solo said:

according to news over here in the Netherlands

Are Spurs finally going to get Huntelaar? I simply must know.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

they'd written the possibility off as "I'll believe it when I see it" in the optimism stakes

That's surprising, seemed like an inevitable signing. Spurs clearly weren't that interested in having him back (remember, all Italians are seemingly pacemaker racist) and he was never going to turn United down for Brentford, even though he'd probably be more happier there.