Hear the news about Barrymore?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

My memory of Bob Martin was it was surprisingly good. A bit like Jack Dee's Lean Balloon being a clear rip off of Curb Your Enthusiasm, but still being alright. I'm not brave enough to see if it stands up though. 

And although Barrymore is clearly an incredibly cringey performer, I can see why he was a star much more than I can other weekend primetime stars such as Noel Edmunds or Brian Connelly. He's capable of being witty, he's got a manic energy and old ladies fucking loved him. 

Edited by gmoney

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They should have bit the bullet and did a full Seinfeld rip-off. Not like Baddiel Syndrome. I mean like scene for scene, lower quality pile of shit that killed all their careers type of rip-off. I was thinking about this for a while. Baddiel as Seinfeld. Hired solely because "he's a jew as well." All humour sucked out of the character. Zero charisma. Fat, four-eyed Seinfeld with a posho accent talking about cocks. Elaine can be Davina. Only with no subtly or timing. Barrymore is Kramer obviously. Instead of having these "wow, Kramer's actually quite clued up" moments, its just pure daft cunt John Cleese impressions, regardless of whether he's supposed to be in the scene or not. Barry from Eastenders as George. Only he has self awareness and is just gutted all the time. Doing the "Barry face" where it looks like the moon got tired. And Newman can be Matt Lucas in a wig, doing his "I'm playing a character" voices. And the whole thing is massively racist, and nobody is likeable in the least, and unlike Seinfeld, Baddiel doesnt get a shag in any episode.

Capture.png

... not gonna lie, I'd probably watch it.