WWE - greatest moments of the modern brand split era

RedRooster

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

One of my all time favourite Summerslam matches. Still love watching that moment where Braun launched an announcers chair at Roman and Joe. Braun in that time period could do no wrong when he was just throwing people and chairs around. He should’ve got a run with the title then.

Definitely. He was red hot. But instead they had him team with a little kid at Wrestlemania for a comedy bit and Reigns/Lesnar had the shittiest most boring main event possible. Main event should have been Braun vs Brock and Braun should have destroyed the ring, ringside area, Paul Heyman and Lesnar in 10 minutes for the win.

I think the first few that spring to mind are.

Goldberg return vs Brock - Promo/Survivor Series match

AJ Styles vs Cena a few years ago. Great matches and chemistry between them both. 

Jericho/Owens - Friendship festival thing

Orton/Brock - Summerslam when Brock TKO'd him. 

Drew eliminating Brock from the Rumble Match.

Have to be honest the women's division hasn't ever done anything for me, I think Ronda did take it up a few levels but all forgettable for me.

Everything else I could take it or leave it, but thinking back Brock has been involved in a lot of good moments......Match against Bryan, Rumble elimination (having dominated the Rumble up to then), the radio/speaker thing, Orton at Summerslam, Goldberg etc.  

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Daniel Bryan’s return promo. “I. Am. Cleared.” I was in tears watching that. And then when he started fighting back against Zayn and Owens, doing those crazy dropkicks? Wild.

Every time Samoa Joe squared up to Brock Lesnar and showed absolutely no fear.

Roman returning from cancer. “I’m in remission, y’all.” Most feel good moment in the history of Raw. What a mad industry this is that he’s playing a horrible, disgusting bully a few years later. That should have set him up as the biggest babyface of all time.

These your three nominations for biggest anti-climax of the decade?

3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

(which is turn chicken salad into chicken shit).

I thought of that exact phrase while posting about Ronda/Becky yesterday. It should be their motto.

On 3/17/2021 at 3:59 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

- Becky Lynch's rise to superstardom has already been mentioned. The Ronda moment and the Raw invasion are the big highlights.

- The Goldberg-Lesnar rivalry was 2016 and 2017. Goldberg's return promo and either of those first two moments are absolute highlights.

Amen to these brothooor, plus anything involving Ronda. What a star performer she was/is.

Lesner v Taker ending the streak too.

The guy from that tag team that went to AEW sucker punching that psychopath mark who attacked Bret Hart at the Hall of Fame.

• Paid Members

(1) AJ Styles vs John Cena, twice.

AJ and Cena having a great match at SummerSlam 2016 which Styles won cleanly was superb, the match for the belt at the Rumble was even better.

(2) The first women’s Rumble, Elimination Chamber and Evolution.

The Rumble was full of surprise returns and I genuinely enjoyed every second, and it led into the Chamber which had a fantastic Sasha betrayal of Bayley (which unfortunately went nowhere). Evolution was really well executed even if I didn’t agree with all of the booking. I guess I enjoyed the girls getting the spotlight.

(3) Lesnar vs Goldberg at Mania

It was fantastic to see these two deliver the kind of match we always knew they good have. In a way they had a “Three Bears” of matches - the first was too long, the second was too short, the third was JUST RIGHT.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

These your three nominations for biggest anti-climax of the decade?

The sad fact is that it’s almost impossible to think of top WWE moments that don’t eventually fizzle out into tragic disappointment. They’re the kings of kickstarting angles with a bang but the absolute worst at following up. They’ve even managed to ruin the Goldberg thing by bringing him back too many times.

34 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The sad fact is that it’s almost impossible to think of top WWE moments that don’t eventually fizzle out into tragic disappointment. They’re the kings of kickstarting angles with a bang but the absolute worst at following up. They’ve even managed to ruin the Goldberg thing by bringing him back too many times.

If Goldberg had just walked away after WM33, it'd be one of the greatest comebacks ever. Come in, look like a million bucks, sound like a million bucks, squash the biggest star in the company, then pay it off at Mania with Brock in the match they should have had 13 years earlier. End it on the highest of high notes. My feeling towards Goldberg in 2017 and my feelings about him now are worlds apart.

Money in the Bank 2011 still stands out of them getting something perfect . . . for that one night. The moment Punk blows the kiss to Vince is incredible.

Owens beating Styles clean felt absolutely massive at the time. It was before Cena started jobbing to everyone.

Nakamura debut. Again perfect for one night.

And yeah as many have said - Becky being "The Man"

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Still the right move having Goldberg beat The Fiend for the Title, mind. The twelve months that followed that should have silenced even the biggest Bray Wyatt fans.

If anything, that Goldberg loss only strengthened their resolve as they will not shut the fuck up about it. I mean, the Kevin Owens fans quickly let it go, and I have to imagine that both fanbases have a pretty large cross-section. It's so odd.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

Has anyone mentioned the Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles feud? One of the last truly great things both guys did. Joe showing up at AJ’s house was a genuinely great cliffhanger.

Also, the New Day vs. Usos feud, which not only provided some cracking matches, but also ended with one of the most rewarding, satisfying moments they’ve ever done, when the Usos forfeited to allow Big E and Xavier to earn Kofi his title shot. Fantastic.

Mandy and Otis before it turned to shit, too. For a while that was great TV. Otis saving Mandy at the Royal Rumble is an all-time great spot. Didn’t they end up firing the women responsible for this storyline? I’d have made her head if creative.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, IronSheik said:

Lesner v Taker ending the streak too.

1 hour ago, Wrasslin said:

Money in the Bank 2011 still stands out of them getting something perfect . . . for that one night. The moment Punk blows the kiss to Vince is incredible.

My favourite moment from the current brand split era is Hogan slamming Andre from Mania 3.

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

Has anyone mentioned the Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles feud? One of the last truly great things both guys did. Joe showing up at AJ’s house was a genuinely great cliffhanger.

This is where AJ Styles' WWE career peaked for me. Truly was a 'phenomenal' moment: