UK PPVs.

The Gaffer

Inspired by this thread, I watched capital carnage last night (discovered my ex didn’t log out of the network last time he was over, score!). 
Saw it in person and remember more the experience of traveling to London- perhaps for the first time- and my debit card being eaten by the train station atm on that Sunday - than I do the wrestling!

It was a stacked card for a UK exclusive, though certainly Vince’s promo has aged a bit , especially the end line about the future UK leader being of Pakistani heritage, right as Tiger Ali Singh came out, yowza.

anyway, Thankyou for inspiring me on a trip down 90s nostalgia.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:22 AM, robinbobs said:

Valid point raised. I was just asking a question I’m from a travelling background so it’s a sensitive issue for me

It sounds like you are looking for an argument where there is none ....

Anyways..........

Did WCW ever run any major uk shows that were taped ?

I know they ran a few german only ppv’s but can never remember hearing about any UK ones ..

Were any/many WWF pre 1997 UK shows taped ?

• Paid Members

Looks like it's from the Halloween Havoc tour they ran later in the year from the look of Flair and Regal being there. 

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

There’s some clips from the 1993 WCW tour here. Seems to be a feature on S4C’s Heno, which is a bit like the One Show over here.

Looks decent quality . Be great if the original unedited footage was available but i would imagine not.

What was the finish of the main event ?

5 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

It sounds like you are looking for an argument where there is none ....

Anyways..........

Did WCW ever run any major uk shows that were taped ?

I know they ran a few german only ppv’s but can never remember hearing about any UK ones ..

Were any/many WWF pre 1997 UK shows taped ?

Wasn't looking for an argument bud!!

Answers to your questions

Did WCW ever run any major uk shows that were taped ? - YES

Were any/many WWF pre 1997 UK shows taped ? - I reckon they'd have had a camera at ringside for them all so they could watch back their matches on the plane. 

• Moderators
On 3/14/2021 at 4:41 PM, oliloveslynn said:

It's getting fucking boring now sunshine,go bother some other forum with your shit

Who the FOOK are you?

On 3/14/2021 at 5:08 PM, robinbobs said:

So I’m not allowed to shit on the NXT match? Dunno why you have to bring up the fact it was a women’s match. Was it because you liked it? Fair play if you did I was just saying I didn’t. 

I had some fishpie thanks for asking 

You're so shit that you haven't posted here since the last time you were suspended for being shit 5+ years ago and have now been banned for being shit. How bad do you have to be to maintain that streak of shitness?

12 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Looks like it's from the Halloween Havoc tour they ran later in the year from the look of Flair and Regal being there. 

Yup, it was the first wrestling show at the new Cardiff International Arena.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Arn/Sid incident happened later that night, after the crew arrived in Blackburn for the next stop.

• Paid Members

Yeah. They were staying at the Moat House, which isn't too far from my mum's. The Blackburn show was at the ice arena and featured Sting & Steamboat Vs the Hollywood Blondes. I was gutted to have missed that match. I went to the GMex show in the Real Event tour that march and got to see Sting as WCW champion against Paul Orndoff. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Perry said:

They were a bit late posting the article, that event happend 8 months prior.

Sometimes the police release lists of pathetic calls they've received over the last year to shame people up into not calling dibble because they've lost a quid or whatever. 

• Paid Members

Probs said this on here before, but I was at the WWF 1993 December tour, specifically at Whitley Bay Ice Rink. I’ve been hunting for a fan cam for years but haven’t found a thing unfortunately. I forever hold out unrealistic hope that WWE will release a bunch of ‘best of the hard cam’ from house shows.

Here’s the card, it’s a beauty, a mix of brilliance and absolute shite. Superb. The last 4 matches were great, especially HBK vs Savage, my memory tells me it was far better than the match that was recorded from the European tour.

E58CDDB4-293B-4FCB-A648-AA4F7894549E.thumb.jpeg.35f4b35ab65e81e03d6ec4c5157b26ed.jpeg
Security confiscated my dads camera, so we only got 1 pic of 123 Kid battering Martel.

4BCA4ACB-4A65-4E95-B2E4-802F7325A0D3.thumb.jpeg.65429667ae71ac53f4a3cce4b4a9abd6.jpeg