The Conor McGregor thread 2.0

David

• Paid Members

At the moment, I'd say the most impressive double-champ thus far has been Nunes. Dethroned two dominant champs in devastating fashion, and has defended both belts in convincing fashion too (and whilst Shevchenko was most likely reaching beyond her grasp, it's not unimpressive to have beaten her). The Pena blip has been avenged, and the rematch has suggested that the initial defeat was possibly a hangover from having had COVID. She looks near untouchable at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnz4V5oJDPb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

From MMA Fighting's Insta page. Typical cunt, up to more cunt behaviour. Seems he repeatedly struck a woman on a yacht, threatened to drown her, before she dove overboard to escape him. Birds of a feather, him and Dana.  

• 3 months later...

Its actually quite intriguing and shows footage of him for example after the khabib fight and he was crying and you saw genuine emotion.

However you can tell they will skip over all the dark shit he got into in that time 

Let's be honest, this documentary is a huge win for Connor. He has his fans who believe he can do no wrong, and he has his critics who know what he's really like. Neither of those groups are being swayed by anything.

It's the interested casual who this documentary will perhaps sway. I could see the "emotion" and theatrics swaying someone who's maybe indifferent to him to actually like him. Which is probably what he's hoping for.

Has anyone bothered to invest their precious time in viewing the McGregor documentary? Personally, I intend to allocate a portion of my forthcoming weekend to it, although I hold little doubt as to the overarching narrative it will present. It is safe to assume that McGregor exerted significant creative influence over the project.

• Paid Members

Given how many things in general there are to spend my time on - books, films, TV, games, of all sorts of genres - I'm really not interested in that car-crash's curated narrative of himself.