Saturday Night Takeaway (other nights also available)

Thunderplex

• Paid Members

We have the chippy tea thread, now here is the general take away thread-can include salad for the women among us.

Tonight’s tea, Tandoori mix, Tandoori lamb chops, onion bhaji, Musroom rice, Bhuna sauce, popadums, naan and dips.

40438611-6D28-4E92-90FC-D2F3A3522BCE.jpeg

• Awards Moderator

Just bought a double Chinese, so there's enough to do two dinners. Sweet and sour chicken, beef in oyster, chicken and cashews, beef in onion. Plus our Chinese does cracking chips. 

Though sadly they've stopped doing battered ribs. A travesty. 

• Awards Moderator
2 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Battered Ribs are disappearing everywhere for some reason, no one round here does them any more.

Was there only one supplier to chinese restaurants in the UK and they're COVIDed to the gills? 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've never heard of battered ribs; didn't know that was a thing. Is it exactly what it sounds like?

Yes. Much looser, flakier batter than you might be thinking though. 

• Paid Members

As somebody living in Sardinia, I have been sorely missing the myriad of takeaways easily available back home. The Chippy Tea thread is torture enough but this one has the potential to tip me right over the edge.

Luckily, I love pizza. Don't get me wrong, the food here is utterly marvelous, amongst the best I have ever tried, but Christ, I do miss a good Chinese or Indian. 

• Paid Members

Mine is usually keema either madras or Samber depending on which place we're ordering from, and a couple of chapatis. I used to ask for vindaloo, but they'd just stick a load of chilli powder in and kill the flavour. Well, they did u til I asked them to make it hot without sticking a load of chilli powder in. They used to do one with 3 different strengths of Naga. I had the level 1 to get a taste for it, and it was really nice but then they stopped doing them. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Was there only one supplier to chinese restaurants in the UK and they're COVIDed to the gills? 

No, they were pre-cooked ribs just dipped in the same batter as the sweet and sour pork/shredded crispy beef.  Just a cornflour slake really.

My daughter's gone mad for Japanese food so our last 2 takeaways have been Japanese, (I live in a marginally smug part of Manchester/Stockport, so I get options). Last night I had a Tataki Beef Donburi and some Korean Fried Chicken balls. The little one had a Salmon Teriyaki Bento Box, which whilst being a bit ostentatious for a 7 year old went down a fucking storm!

I looked at the Just Eat list for my old home town in County Durham and it made me realize how different a world my daughter is growing up in terms of food than I did. We can get pretty much anything we want delivered to our door and usually a pretty good example of it. When I think of the state of some of the takeaways I had when I was a kid, I fucking shudder. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

We have the chippy tea thread, now here is the general take away thread-can include salad for the women among us.

Tonight’s tea, Tandoori mix, Tandoori lamb chops, onion bhaji, Musroom rice, Bhuna sauce, popadums, naan and dips.

40438611-6D28-4E92-90FC-D2F3A3522BCE.jpeg

Was that naan shown the tandoor?

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Ah excellent thread. I’ll convince the wife to let me order a Parmo tomorrow so I can post it in here.

The takeaway item I've wanted to try for absolutely ages but still aren't available anywhere near here.