57 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

World War 3 matches are amazing for hearing guys' names announced and getting a mixture of "he still works there?", and "who even is that?"

Some of these just roll off memory because I'd never heard of them. The Barrio Brothers, Mike Winner, Mark Starr. Sure they were all alright and I'd probably seen them somewhere else and not registered it. Just reminds that World War III was a terribly bad and awful idea and an example that mad match ideas you'd have with wrestling figures should maybe not be attempted. WCW has so many of the go to 'point and laugh' moments, World War III doesn't really mentioned a really really daft idea. Who was behind it. Surely Bischoff or, who the hell was Eric's Pat Patterson's backstage? Sullivan and Taylor were there at the time. One of them maybe. The satanist or the racist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just watched Uncensored 1998 and fuck me, the main event is gash.

Spoiler

Hogan and Savage plod around for 10 minutes. Both blade. Both leave cage via door (is that not the match over?) Disciple and Brian Adams interfere. Sting does his zip line from the ceiling. Savage and Sting face off against Hogan and Disciple and do absolutely nothing for what feels like five minutes, before Savage turns, decks Sting with a clothesline and wanders off. So utterly confusing.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Moderators
On 1/25/2021 at 8:46 PM, Chili said:

Some of these just roll off memory because I'd never heard of them. The Barrio Brothers, Mike Winner, Mark Starr. Sure they were all alright and I'd probably seen them somewhere else and not registered it. Just reminds that World War III was a terribly bad and awful idea and an example that mad match ideas you'd have with wrestling figures should maybe not be attempted. WCW has so many of the go to 'point and laugh' moments, World War III doesn't really mentioned a really really daft idea. Who was behind it. Surely Bischoff or, who the hell was Eric's Pat Patterson's backstage? Sullivan and Taylor were there at the time. One of them maybe. The satanist or the racist.

Mike Winner was a power plant trainer. He's the one with the long hair there on Louis Theroux.

Further to your earlier post, Minton had a minifeud vs Chris Adams based around the Olympics. Seemingly that Chip did shit in them and Chris never went Unless he was pretending to se Neil's cred. It's been a while since I've seen it).

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Just watched Uncensored 1998 and fuck me, the main event is gash.

Hide contents

Hogan and Savage plod around for 10 minutes. Both blade. Both leave cage via door (is that not the match over?) Disciple and Brian Adams interfere. Sting does his zip line from the ceiling. Savage and Sting face off against Hogan and Disciple and do absolutely nothing for what feels like five minutes, before Savage turns, decks Sting with a clothesline and wanders off. So utterly confusing.

Spoiler

Not usually. It was pretty much only WWF that did the daft escape the cage rules f I remember. Well, WCW Capital Combat had a cage match end by DQ though, so I wouldn't expect too much consistency from their cage matches.

I know World War 3, the match, is a bit shite and a struggle but it's heaven for weirdo participants in there with top guys. Absolutely adore that stuff. WCW did the best job matches from what i've seen so far. There's an Equalizer/Rick Rude match where Tommy Tanna takes an irish whip into a chokeslam from Equalizer and I don't know what either of them were going for but they clearly were in the same area and Tanna takes it basically on top of his head and flips over. I don't know if he proper fucked himself from it but Equalizer has him into the corner and forcing his head back. ridiculous, July 31 Saturday Night if that's on the Network.

Joey Maggs and Sid from Clash XIV is another good one but you need the entrance with Sid spinning round.

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members
On 1/25/2021 at 7:43 PM, BomberPat said:

World War 3 matches are amazing for hearing guys' names announced and getting a mixture of "he still works there?", and "who even is that?"

If your heart isn’t warmed by Hammer Valentine or the Berzerker still getting a cheque in 1997/98, are you even a wrestling fan bro?

3 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

I know World War 3, the match, is a bit shite and a struggle but it's heaven for weirdo participants in there with top guys. Absolutely adore that stuff. WCW did the best job matches from what i've seen so far. There's an Equalizer/Rick Rude match where Tommy Tanna takes an irish whip into a chokeslam from Equalizer and I don't know what either of them were going for but they clearly were in the same area and Tanna takes it basically on top of his head and flips over. I don't know if he proper fucked himself from it but Equalizer has him into the corner and forcing his head back. ridiculous, July 31 Saturday Night if that's on the Network.

Joey Maggs and Sid from Clash XIV is another good one but you need the entrance with Sid spinning round.

Fun story, I found out two weeks ago that my mate Tommy actually is Tommy Tanna.

He goes by Thomas Treiber now and ring announces our boxing shows on BT Sport. I knew he’d been a bodybuilder in Chicago and had done a bit of wrestling, but not to the level he did.

There is a fun WCW squash match on YouTube with The Hollywood Blondes vs Tommy Tanna and Rick Tango that he sent me. Very fun.

9 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Fun story, I found out two weeks ago that my mate Tommy actually is Tommy Tanna.

He goes by Thomas Treiber now and ring announces our boxing shows on BT Sport. I knew he’d been a bodybuilder in Chicago and had done a bit of wrestling, but not to the level he did.

There is a fun WCW squash match on YouTube with The Hollywood Blondes vs Tommy Tanna and Rick Tango that he sent me. Very fun.

ah, that's fantastic! I'll check out the match. Next time you talk try and ask about what the idea was for that head first chokeslam, it's mental.

Edited by Cannibal Man

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, Cannibal Man said:

ah, that's fantastic! I'll check out the match. Next time you talk try and ask about what the idea was for that head first chokeslam, it's mental.

So, mission accomplished.

He said that as he fed for the choke slam, he jumped into it and Equaliser, rather than go with the lift and then slam Tommy to his back, he just pushed back against Tommy’s throat/chest hard. So as he jumped upwards into the Equaliser, he got tilted back hard by the push so he landed on his head.

He said he was knocked out pretty goofy, and Rude came in soon after and asked if he was alright. 

People weren’t happy with Equaliser after the match.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

He said that as he fed for the choke slam, he jumped into it and Equaliser, rather than go with the lift and then slam Tommy to his back, he just pushed back against Tommy’s throat/chest hard. So as he jumped upwards into the Equaliser, he got tilted back hard by the push so he landed on his head.

He said he was knocked out pretty goofy, and Rude came in soon after and asked if he was alright. 

Brilliant work mate, cheers for this! absolutely adore that match, has to be one of the maddest bumps ive ever seen.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Just watched it there, pretty brutal looking . As @Cannibal Man said, immediately afterwards, Equalizer works over his neck.

Fuck me , you would think if you just nearly paralyzed someone that the least you could do is let them tag out. It happened in Tommy’s corner too :(

He seemed to have a decent look , did he have many matches ?

Anything of note ?

Rick Rude squash matches from 93 could be my new guilty pleasure . He looked great. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

Rick Rude squash matches from 93 could be my new guilty pleasure . He looked great. 

WCW had some real jobber destroyers back then. Vader, The Steiners, Sid, Barbarian etc. They used to proper rag the poor gets about. Rude squashes never really get brought up but I enjoyed them. He was more of a twatty show off to them than a killer like some of the others. This blew me away as a kid;

1F16FE31-A69A-4CD1-A2FC-5280FFEF2A8B.gif

47 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

WCW had some real jobber destroyers back then. Vader, The Steiners, Sid, Barbarian etc. They used to proper rag the poor gets about. Rude squashes never really get brought up but I enjoyed them. He was more of a twatty show off to them than a killer like some of the others. This blew me away as a kid;

1F16FE31-A69A-4CD1-A2FC-5280FFEF2A8B.gif

I remember this match getting a lot of attention on the DVDVR board years ago.

Lorenzo isnt having a good time here .