• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Why the fuck does Brian Adams use a piledriver in every match? It looks absolutely awful. Every time he lets go of his opponent’s torso and also rolls onto one side. How the hell he didn’t snap someone’s neck, I’ll never know…

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Was there a smoother finish than Brad Armstrong’s Russian Leg Sweep-float over into the pin? 

4DCEDC25-27F0-4699-B56C-BFBC85C62E8E.gif

Smooth enough i guess.
Never really bought into the Russian leg sweep as a finisher though. Same with the stroke and the Miz’s finish. Its just one of those moves that looks like it hurts the executor equally as the recipient.

I always thought Jarrett’s finish was so weak and underwhelming looking. 

• Paid Members

Early 90s though. The days of Hogan ruling the world with a mighty leg drop, Piper using the sleeper, Shawn using a bog standard back suplex etc. Armstrong’s finish wasn’t the strongest but I thought it looked ace. He rarely went over in early 90s WCW anyway. Sadly.

Speaking of smooth, not a finish but I could watch a thousand Bobby Eaton neckbreakers and never tire of it. Just beautiful, Bobby.

8046594D-6142-44CC-BEAD-1F3DB0055485.gif

Excellent ^ . Good point about finishers too. 

Man, Windham was so good. His 1989 WWF squash matches are a guilty pleasure of mine also.

Here is a question, i seem to remember Stunning Steve Austin had a rollup leglock finisher at one stage. Cant find a good clip of it anywhere though. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Here is a question, i seem to remember Stunning Steve Austin had a rollup leglock finisher at one stage. Cant find a good clip of it anywhere though. 

Sure you’re not thinking of Triple H using the Indian Deathlock in the Terra Ryzin days? I only ever remember Austin using the Stun Gun back then. Could be wrong though. 

54 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Sure you’re not thinking of Triple H using the Indian Deathlock in the Terra Ryzin days? I only ever remember Austin using the Stun Gun back then. Could be wrong though. 

Nah def Austin. Think it was called the HollyWood Vine, i seem to remember it was like Bob Backlund’s rollup finish but it ended in a leglock submission. 

It was around 94 time.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Nah def Austin. Think it was called the HollyWood Vine, i seem to remember it was like Bob Backlund’s rollup finish but it ended in a leglock submission. 

It was around 94 time.

I have zero memory of this and I was definitely watching at the time.