E-Feds

AnotherCrapUsername

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Exiled Championship Wrestling won TWC Monday night war. Chad Sexington was a fan favourite. 

My memory is very hazy but if this is The Wrestling Channel, on the old TWCF I did that too for a couple of months. Christ, I think I was about 15 back then. I remember getting some positive feedback for a promo I typed which made me feel pretty proud. My character was called Clockwork Orange, which as you can probably imagine, was a total Raven knock off. 

15 years ago....goodness me. 

11 hours ago, gmoney said:

Best wresting TV intro of all time.

Joey Holmes vs Mr Seven feud based around The Omen is a bit of creative writing I still think about now and again. Incredible stuff. 

Every other efed I've ever seen was shit. 

Bloody hell. I'd completely forgotten about this and now I can't stop watching.

I still dabble in Fire Pro related efeds from time to time. I’m far too introverted to ‘cut promos’ or role play and honestly I find it all to be a bit cringe.

However, I still get a kick out of getting one of my created wrestlers ‘booked’ on a card and having a laugh on Twitch watching them fight it out.

Im 34 so should probably grow out of it but I suspect it’ll be a guilty pleasure for a while longer.

One of my first jobs out of school entailed me producing month end reports and ordering printer toner.  The reports took a most at week so I generally had 3 weeks to sit around and do nothing.  One of the things I wasted my time was e-feds, I had three characters. 

• Jurgen Thor - Norwegian muscle pretty boy
  • Dazzer and Smithy - The Football Hooligans.  Dressed like members of the EDL, Dazzer was a high flyer and Smithy was the muscle.

Unsurprisingly the company I worked for eventually realised that they could merge my job with another.  I did not get the merged role, maybe IT checked my internet history.

Fortunately now I'm in charge of the IT department so any reports on people wasting their time on Wrestling Message Boards get sent to me.

Edited by Dazzer

• Paid Members

I ran one back in the day. A member of the forum it was hosted on we knew was a WWE employee, low level that we knew about. But a few of our bits and pieces started showing up on TV. We assumed it was a massive coincidence, but we had a tag team called The Prime Time Players. A few months later the WWE debuted their PTP. We suggested that they should pay some small homage to our fed (TWOStars) by putting 2 stars on their ring gear. Within a month they had a small star on their trunks.

Coincidence?

Yes, almost certainly. But it was a fun bullshit suspicion for a short time.

• Paid Members

I've never been involved in one myself, but I do remember there was one on here in the early 00s (UKFFF?), with it's own sub-forum and everything.  I always thought it looked a bit confusing and deep to start getting into, but I remember some UKFFers with custom sigs and stuff to reflect things that were going on in there, and there was gWo mentions everywhere.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Big Benny HG said:

I've never been involved in one myself, but I do remember there was one on here in the early 00s (UKFFF?), with it's own sub-forum and everything.

There was, yeah. IIRC it had been a very early days of the board thing (before my time) then had a brief revival in around 2004/05 time, which was my only time dipping my toe into eFedding. I don't think the revival lasted much more than a month.

I think my character was basically the guy I always created on the video games at the time - a Mike Awesome/Test hybrid in pleather bikers & MMA gloves who did dives despite being a bigger guy & used a big boot and the Roll of the Dice as his finishers. I didn't get booked on a show once.

It always sticks in my head that someone in it had the gimmick that they were Chris Hero's brother, who looked, acted & wrestled just like Chris Hero. I forget who it was, but they sure liked Chris Hero.

• Paid Members

Was on Gfedwrestling when it was at its peak of Efed "success", some of the advice actually did help me with my writing during my GCSEs and A Level too, so some mercy.

My favourite one was a former Gfed that became a stand alone website WrestlingMidwest, everyone had a South Park creator avatar, the writing was fantastic, the guy that ran it worked 4 or 5 jobber characters but wrote different styles and really fun for all of them.

I do miss it, but when I've looked around in recent years, all the ones I've found online have been garbage. Closest I've come is writing a diary on the TEW forums again.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Big Benny HG said:

I remember some UKFFers with custom sigs and stuff to reflect things that were going on in there,

Were the Civil War sigs related to that, or was that something else? 

I miss sigs. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Were the Civil War sigs related to that, or was that something else? 

I miss sigs. 

No, they were to do with the FWA vs. IPW:UK feud, iirc, with people picking sides, "I'M WITH FWA" etc. (the old FWA Fan Forum was a subforum here too) but it spread to folk 'picking' all sorts, with people saying "I'M WITH YOUR MUM" and other such 'hilarious bantz'.