WWE Royal Rumble 2021

tiger_rick

• Awards Moderator
39 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

Rhodes, Rude, Sid, Bam Bam, Kennedy, Jimmy Uso and Balor only having 1 rumble appearance each. Surprised at some of those.

It always surprises me that the Dudleys never appeared in a Rumble during their main WWE run - you got Bubba as a surprise guest in 2015 and that was it. No D-Von.

Scott Hall always seemed to get his own match at the Rumble too, always struck me as odd that they never put him in the Rumble itself.

Great stats as always Rick.

Bianca Belair and Shayna Bayzler eliminatingĀ more than half the field between them last year to then be taken completely off the boil is modern WWE through & through isnā€™t it. Belair spend the next 3 months back in NXT while Bayzler got another strong showing at Elimination Chamber beating everyone, only to then getĀ 10 minutes with Becky at Wrestlemania and lose, then became just another roster member

Edited by WyattSheepMask

3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Great stats as always Rick.

Bianca Belair and Shayna Bayzler eliminatingĀ more than half the field between them last year to then be taken completely off the boil is modern WWE through & through isnā€™t it. Belair spend the next 3 months back in NXT while Bayzler got 10 minutes with Becky at Wrestlemania and lost, then became just another roster member

Bianca's a weird one for sure. Just feels like we're getting her momentum going again now, so I'm a bit more hopeful that if she performs well in the Rumble it'll actually go somewhere.

Shayna though? Fucks sake. She could and should be so much more right now.

Phenomenal stuff as always.Ā 

On the 2021 Rumble, is it the least anticipated Rumble of all time? Last year's one had that brilliant Brock Lesnar run and Drew going over, but this year's has no hype and seemingly, no real plan either.

I don't watch the WWE shows, haven't for a while, but I keep up on results from twitter etc. But who are the favourites to win either Rumble?Ā 

I anticipate the Rumble just because it's the Rumble. I absolutely fucking love it and when it's done well, there's very little that can touch it during the calendar for me.

However, that hype and expectation can be a bad thing. Surprise debuts/returns work really well when they're done right, but often I'm just sat on the edge of my seat hoping for something spectacular and it's just not. But that can be made up for with solid booking through the match.

This one has a lot to live up to after last year though for sure.

• Paid Members

I kind of want to watch for sheer curiosity. Hopefully we don't get any weird cinematic Rumble spots or anything. At least they can do Kofi/Naomi's spots again if they go wrong.Ā 

37 minutes ago, mrtrickio said:

It's just not gonna be the Rumble without any fans in attendance. They can't recreate the countdown and the reaction at the buzzer. Gonna be the first rumble I'm not going to watch in I don't know how many years

It won't be the same but it could still be a decent booked Rumble. It'll be fine in the Thunderdome i think.

• Paid Members

I'll watch it because I always have but I couldn't be looking forward to it less. I enjoy the booking of the Rumble but it's made by the excitement of the crowd, the countdowns, the surprises and the pops. They cannot reproduce that in their shitty "Thunderdome" with the piped in noise and horrible commentary.Ā 

I won't moan about it though. It can only be absolutely shit and I'll willingly watch it anyway for posterity. That's on me, not them.

6 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'll watch it because I always have but I couldn't be looking forward to it less. I enjoy the booking of the Rumble but it's made by the excitement of the crowd, the countdowns, the surprises and the pops. They cannot reproduce that in their shitty "Thunderdome" with the piped in noise and horrible commentary.Ā 

I won't moan about it though. It can only be absolutely shit and I'll willingly watch it anyway for posterity. That's on me, not them.

Still got to be better than last years Mania though right?

The Rumble is one my favourite events, last year was fantastic and set them up for a good mania (obvs 2020 happened)

This year they accidentally have some decent names that we atleast haven't been seen for a few months that could return like Rollins, Braun, Aleister Black, Edge, Jimmy USO (injuries permitting) or Call ups like Priest, Ripley etc.

Hoping for something decent to get the ball rolling for Mania season

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It was Truth wasn't it? Didn't this happen because D'Von was working as a road agent in TNA?Ā 

It was, and I think that was why. When you think about it it's SUCH a weird thing to happen. Like black people are just interchangeable in WWE.