Aside from Adam Page, who could you see ending Kenny Omega's AEW title run?

RedRooster

It seems inevitable. The end of the road for Kenny Omega's title run will be Hangman Page. Even though it seems obvious, I can't fucking wait to see the culmination of what has been a brilliant long term story. 

But nothing is inevitable in wrestling...

Other than Hangman, who could you see ending Kenny Omega's title run? 

Edited by RedRooster

• RedRooster changed the title to Aside from Adam Page, who could you see ending Kenny Omega's AEW title run?

They should make it Cody just to spike their social media numbers with the inevitable Twitter meltdown. Fuck it, have him win after a Brandi, QT, and Snoop Dogg run in. First defense in a triple threat against Shaq and Tyson. Money!

Or any other nonsense answer that isn't Page, it surely has to be Hangman. Don't give me that Kota stuff either, he's got his belts, he's fine! Hangman needs this. NO, YOU'RE CRYING!

Edited by Brudaker

• Paid Members

If they work with NJPW, I could see a short-term switcheroo with Ibushi or Okada to facilitate an NJPW main event run. But that should be very short-lived. The proper reign-ender should be Adam Page.

It's like WCW in '97. The switcheroo with Luger... that's fair enough. But at that point in time, the only person who could properly end the reign was Sting. Nothing else would have been satisfying. It's the same here - the only satisfying answer any time soon is Hangman.

43 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

If it's anyone but Hangman I'll be fucking pissed off. But other potential candidates could be Cody, Darby Allin, Sting(?), MJF or someone who strikes hot that we couldn't predict like Jungle Boy.

Right now I feel like I'll be disappointed if it's someone other than Hangman, but one of the strengths of AEW is that they are really fucking good at making you care about title challengers and the title holders themselves. 

I didn't want to see Moxley end Jericho's reign, and ended up being hugely invested in Mox as the face of that company. 

There came a point where I felt Omega was the right option to win the belt from Moxley - but then the Eddie Kingston feud happened and I felt completely on board with the idea of Kingston as champ. 

I think it's inevitable that Omega will have a feud with someone who isn't Hangman who we all want to see win the belt - a babyface Eddie Kingston, Pac, Darby, Wardlow and even Orange Cassidy strike me as viable options. Orange Cassidy picking up an upset win over Omega and having the briefest of reigns before dropping the belt back to him days later? I could get on board with that. Breaking up Omega's reign definitely could water down the impact of Hangman's eventual win, but if they somehow use that to make Omega look like an even bigger piece of shit then it might actually enhance it. 

First show back with a full crowd, hangman vs omega, a million run ins , dark order as DX vs whatever the not bullet club are called as the corporation , Cody does the stone cold role as Cody has to be centre of fucking attention, omega kicks out and hangman hits a buckshot and wins

• Paid Members

AJ Styles, finally getting his own back.

Ok ok. They can just strap a rocket to Miro, completely change his character and get him going. Well up for seeing him tear through the Elite.

It's hard to answer because Omega hasn't been the champ for so long and the story is so obviously pitched at Hangman that it really needs to be him.