Aside from Adam Page, who could you see ending Kenny Omega's AEW title run?

RedRooster

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, RedRooster said:

It seems inevitable. The end of the road for Kenny Omega's title run will be Hangman Page. Even though it seems obvious, I can't fucking wait to see the culmination of what has been a brilliant long term story. 

But nothing is inevitable in wrestling...

Other than Hangman, who could you see ending Kenny Omega's title run? 

I'm fairly confident that it will be Hangman Page because AEW have demonstrated their ability to book long-term, quality storylines and Page makes the most sense. They haven't yet showed any of the flaws that any of the other major promotions regularly demonstrate. 

However, if it was all an 18 month troll then I'd say Cody takes the belt, Twitter would explode and we'd all think that it was good while it lasted. 

Possibly back to Moxley? Maybe Cody? Absolutely should be Page, though and I fully expect it to be. Vegas with a bit of a crowd at double or nothing, everyone on the piss losing their minds over the Cowboy rightfully taking his place at the top table.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

They haven't yet showed any of the flaws that any of the other major promotions regularly demonstrate.

The Matt Hardy spot. Didn't Alex Reynolds get flattened badly without a heatlh check, or was that another Dark Order guy?

18 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

However, if it was all an 18 month troll then I'd say Cody takes the belt, Twitter would explode and we'd all think that it was good while it lasted. 

Doing the very thing they were ripping on HHH doing from the beginning? Along with the nWo knockoff boys-club being on top of the tag pile? Inconceivable.

It's going to be Adam Page, who promptly drops it onto the incoming Jay White.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, seph said:

It's going to be Adam Page, who promptly drops it onto the incoming Jay White.

Oh shit, I hadn't thought of this, but it would be brilliantly heartbreaking if they do the Tommy Dreamer thing of Page finally winning the title only to immediately lose it to someone before he even gets the chance to hold it. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Oh shit, I hadn't thought of this, but it would be brilliantly heartbreaking if they do the Tommy Dreamer thing of Page finally winning the title only to immediately lose it to someone before he even gets the chance to hold it. 

My guess is he will lose the title not immediately but pretty sharpish to MJF. 

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I wouldn't go that immediately but I do think the problem with a guy like Page is that he's the guy who needs to beat Kenny but I'm not sure what you do with him once he has. So some sort of robbery would be good.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, seph said:

Doing the very thing they were ripping on HHH doing from the beginning? Along with the nWo knockoff boys-club being on top of the tag pile? Inconceivable

If you took Cody as a serious answer I'd be worried. Of course it's going to be Adam Page. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Suplex Sinner said:

If you took Cody as a serious answer I'd be worried. Of course it's going to be Adam Page. 

Of course nobody takes him as a serious answer, that doesn't mean it won't happen. A lot of people were scared that the TNT would be a prop to keep Cody out of the main event as opposed to a genuine secondary/Television belt and thankfully that hasn't been the case; but I can't help but feel Cody is a fuck-it-button in waiting as he's not *that* far away from the main picture, especially as his besties (and co-owners) now hold all of the other male titles and are doing Clique shit at at time when AEW does not need it.

Hence, if it's not Cody then by process of elimination it has to be Page unless MJF either breaks from the IC or turns them all on Jericho before / after he wins it.