Vader's Chinos.

PowerButchi

On 12/20/2020 at 9:46 PM, PowerButchi said:

Just a thread about when you've met an arseholes in wrestling and they got their just rewards. 

Lads, there are plenty of threads about nice wrestlers. This is for tales of wankers who stink like Dustys Muffler. 

• Paid Members

Shelton Benjamin refused to walk the 3 minute journey from the holiday Inn to the venue so I got roped in to picking him up in my little car. He refused to talk to me for the length of the short trip and I dropped him off outside the venue. 

He was an unadvertised guest and people had paid for a 'surprise signing' the problem was that lita was one of the other wrestlers on the show so a rumour had started that the surprise was CM Punk (because people are idiots) Que hilarity when he is announced to the fans who paid for it to a chorus of 'fucks sake' and people moving to a different queue. 

One of the most awkward car rides I'd ever had was being in the car when a trainee for a wrestling promotion had to give a lift to Doug Williams from Swindon to Reading after a show. The promoter was nice enough to sort us out with a ride home after he found out that one of his trainees was from the same town as our group, but the trainee had to drop Doug on the way back.

The car ride was the longest hour of my life. Everyone in our group didn't want to bother Doug after a long day, so we kept quiet. The trainee tried to make small talk by asking about TNA, but Williams didn't seem very chatty. The trainee asked him one too many times and Doug snapped at him and told him to stop talking about TNA. Everyone in the car remained silent for the rest of the journey. 

A week later, Doug was released from TNA. We thought he was a bit of bellend, but everything made sense once that news broke. 

• Paid Members

Never had many "wrestler is an arsehole" stories, but I do remember Iceman was banging on at an All Star show like he was Edouard Carpentier. A few 1PW appearances, and he tried to carry himself like Lex Luger, if Lex Luger did the promoters garden for nowt. He was sitting next to Bad Bones, for fucks sake. Not even on the Daniel Bryan/Doug Williams star table. I dont know if he'd noticed the people were walking past him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator
3 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Never had many "wrestler is an arsehole" stories, but I do remember Iceman was banging on at an All Star show like he was Edouard Carpentier. A few 1PW appearances, and he tried to carry himself like Lex Luger, if Lex Luger did the promoters garden for nowt. He was sitting next to Bad Bones, for fucks sake. Not even on the Daniel Bryan/Doug Williams star table. I dont know if he'd noticed the people were walking past him.

I remember an MEW show the night before WrestleMania 23 which had Iceman cut a promo on the UKFF before his match with General Trent Steel. They had Heidenreich on that show; he did not smell, nor was he an arsehole.

I never met Vader.

• Paid Members

At WM24, me and my little brother were staying in the Orlando Universal hotel and we'd creeped out of the main show a tad early to get a cab back. We ran into Matt Morgan and asked for his autograph. He very quietly said 'maybe ask my buddy for an autograph too'. But I couldnt hear him, so he repeated himself three times and then signed my thing and stormed off.

Hs buddy was Johnny Stamboli, but I wasn't aware. If he had told me that Rellik was Killer backwards, I'd have clocked straight away...

Most guys I've been lucky enough to meet / work with have been top drawer if I'm honest, especially Edge and William Regal.

In terms of guys I've had a pretty shit / tough time with, I'd say Christian - probably the only guy I've ever felt like he really didn't want to be there. Looked miserable as fuck all day. You got that vibe that he was jealous of Edge in some weird sense, or that he felt second best because a lot more people were going to Edge than to him. I don't know if it was just that Edge was so friendly and literally went out of his way to make everyone's day while Christian was just.. there. I've not met him since but I know a lot of people were disappointed with him.

I was doing commentary at a show Finlay was working, went to introduce myself and shake his hand and he looked me like something he'd stood in and walked off. Buried him on commentary though so needless to say, for the 12 people that have probably seen the video, I had the last laugh.

Sami Callahan worked the same promotion once and whilst he stank, he was a fairly nice fella.

Doug Williams is the loveliest man alive.

1 minute ago, cobra_gordo said:

I was doing commentary at a show Finlay was working, went to introduce myself and shake his hand and he looked me like something he'd stood in and walked off. Buried him on commentary though so needless to say, for the 12 people that have probably seen the video, I had the last laugh.

Sami Callahan worked the same promotion once and whilst he stank, he was a fairly nice fella.

Doug Williams is the loveliest man alive.

You buried the man who loves to fight? Glad he never saw the video...