So, Rick Rude's cock then ...

IANdrewDiceClay

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Seen as this is the most recent Rick Ride thread going, Do you think Rick Rude *really* needed Bobby Heenan? It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he stuck around the WWF in 1990, but then we wouldn't have had him in WCW in 1992.

6 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Seen as this is the most recent Rick Ride thread going, Do you think Rick Rude *really* needed Bobby Heenan? It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he stuck around the WWF in 1990, but then we wouldn't have had him in WCW in 1992.

He absolutely did. I know Rude was a tough lad who could cut a promo, but having Heenan gave you some credibility, or a potential launch pad. Rude seems to drastically improve over 87-89 and I reckon having Heenan around helped Rude more than he was willing to admit. They also had great chemistry. It's weird and a bit of a shame Rude always felt Heenan was taking his heat. He absolutely wasn't and it always felt more like a double act of absolute arseholes. 

Rude after 1990. The only idea I could muster was he eventually himself has a split with The Heenan Family. He'd be a great opponent for Mr. Perfect at Wrestlemania VII if you sacked off the Boss Man's mum stuff and did it another time perhaps. He wasn't going for the title again. 

• Paid Members

I think Rude was the type of wrestler who always benefitted from having a manager. And I’m not really sure why because he could talk for himself, had charisma, looked great so wasn’t exactly like he needed the extra spice. But Rude with a manager was always better than Rude without a manager. From Percy Pringle in Texas to Bobby Heenan in the WWF to Paul E and Madusa in WCW. We saw Rude on his own in WCW in 1993 after Heyman and Madusa left and it wasn’t the same. The overall package lacked something (we’re back on Rude’s cock there) for me.

Him and Heenan were great together though. Just pure sleaze. 

• Paid Members

It's that extra bit of heat isn't it? You know he's entirely capable of winning the match on his own, but he has somebody there just to make things a bit easier for him. Heenan just made anybody feel like more of a bastard anyway because of how good he was.

• Paid Members
On 1/9/2022 at 12:05 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

It's that extra bit of heat isn't it? You know he's entirely capable of winning the match on his own, but he has somebody there just to make things a bit easier for him. Heenan just made anybody feel like more of a bastard anyway because of how good he was.

Pretty much that, but also from the talking perspective too, I think. Like Heenan was there to convey his words to the lowly mortals so that he wouldn't sully himself addressing the great unwashed if he didn't see fit.