The WWE Draft 2020

RedRooster

So the next WWE Draft has been scheduled, and it's usually something I look forward to. This year though...I'm not sure I want to see it happen. Smackdown feels pretty much on point, and RAW, for the most part, does too. I can't really see any big moves that wouldn't end up being disruptive (outside of perhaps the Women's Division) 

To be honest, my main worry is that the big switch will be Big E to RAW and McIntyre to Smackdown to set up eventual Orton/Big E and Reigns/McIntyre matches at 'Mania. Big E winning his first title from Reigns at the big one (perhaps with some Rock involvement) could launch the guy into the stratosphere, where he belongs. As great as Orton is right now, I don't get goosebumps at the idea of the bell ringing on a match between him and Big E. 

So yeah, I've basically created a thread to say I'm worried the draft will prevent a match I really, really, really want to happen. 

So, erm, what moves do you think will happen/would you like to see?

I'd be very surprised if they moved Reigns away from Smackdown - well, from Fox. Drew just isn't on that level.

This is probably the least I've cared about a Draft ever. It's just pointless really. The Raw and Smackdown rosters are absolutely fine as they are. There's no real issue on talent imbalance or anything as far as I'm concerned. They just need focus on who they've got and use them properly.

8 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I can’t see them moving McIntyre to SmackDown with him being WWE Champion while Reigns is Universal Champion unless they’re going to unify the belts.
Or, they could swap both of them and have a fresh bunch of challengers for both men.

It looks like we'll be getting McIntyre/Orton one more time - I imagine/fear Orton will win the belt at the next PPV, freeing up McIntyre to switch brand. 

Its always weird when a draft happens close to a ppv especially HIAC which big matches and feuds to finish.

I'd keep Reigns and Fiend apart, same with Seth and Rey,

RAW- Undisputed Era, Sami, Shin and Cesaro, Braun, Fiend

SD- Profits, Hurt Buisness, Gargano, Seth

NXT- Sheamus or Bryan would benefit with a run there to freshen up and new matches

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, air_raid said:

I’m not sure I know what “on point” means any more.

Not completely shit.

Different dynamic with the drafts now because after all those years of fucking over Smackdown to revitalise Raw, the shoe is on the other foot now. They've got this three hour turd on a Monday night that needs some spark and yet they can't risk hurting Smackdown even a little bit given the exposure and (marginally) higher ratings are on Fox on Fridays now.

As such, I think this will just be a shuffling excercise to move around guys who've been on one brand for a while. Mostly people who don't matter.

If they are going to get the Roman vs. The Rock, I'd definitely move over Big E, let him run over everyone bar Drew and then have him win the Rumble.

• Paid Members
On 9/29/2020 at 9:57 PM, The Cutting Edge said:

Its always weird when a draft happens close to a ppv especially HIAC which big matches and feuds to finish.

It's also odd they seem to do it a couple of weeks before we're supposed to start believing EVERYONE on Raw hates EVERYONE on Smackdown with every fibre of their being just because they've been arbitrarily placed there by their employer.

• Paid Members
On 9/29/2020 at 9:40 PM, Mr Butternut Squash said:

I would get Rey and Dominik far away from Rollins and stick them on Smackdown along with The Hurt Business. Smackdown would be really good. Put The Fiend on Raw. Make sure Roman, Big E and Daniel Bryan all stay put so something cool might happen.

Aye this is a shout. Have Fiend, Strowman, Rollins, Retribution, McIntyre all on the long Monday show. 

Mysterio & Dominick, Roman, Big E, Orton,  and The Hurt Business on SmackDown. Then I can completely do without Raw, and stick to watching the shorter, better, SmackDown.