PPV intro videos

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

You know the ones. Gravelly voiced man saying ominous foreboding things about the end of the world and super serious stakes. Quick clips of the main eventers and their feuds we'll see settled tonight. Half the time, 'The End Is Near' playing. Probably Freddie Blassie sitting in an empty warehouse at some point.

I haven't watched one for years. When I had the Network it was just too easy to save a minute of my life by skipping ahead, and I didn't mind because I couldn't care about most of the matches happening anyway. But back in the day, the PPV intro video properly did its job at getting me hyped and ready for the next three hours.

What's everyone's favourites? There have been some crackers, and they usually saved the best ones for WrestleMania, but I can't see past Summerslam 2001. This minute and a half was one of the high points of the Invasion. Let the bodies hit the floor...

Summerslam 1998 was great w the build to the Highway to Hell main event. Shame they lost the rights to the song as the dubbed alternative is nowhere near as great. Austin walking through explosions etc was ace. 

WM 13 had an epic intro.. Sid and Taker stand off, Hart v Austin and the Nation looking brutal. The music was perfect as was the black and white montage. So, so good. 

Just rewatchd that SSlam 97 intro. Bloody brilliant. Hammy? Definitely but 1000000x better than anything they put out in 2020. Tells the story of the main event in two minutes and makes you so want to seee the match. It's about the characters, the story and the championship. It's not the company which is where wwe falls down when it's just the brand that pushes the ppvs.. 

I remember both so vividly 23 years later which says alot. Literally word for word. I was 12 at the time. It all seemed to important and a huge deal. What a difference two decades make. 

Edited by Michael_3165

Watching the summer of 98 Raws, I'm heading to "breakdown" and remember the intro of Taker and Kane walking down the ramp with two world war 2 planes over them with Vince "my weapons of mass destruction" was really cool visual.

Most intros from mid 90s are great with ominous classic music and sound bytes.

St.Valentine's Day massacre stands out.

• Paid Members

I don’t like the modern ones as much as the ones from the golden age of Silver Vision. “It’s time to rumble.... it’s time for the Royal Rumble!” fills me with joy because I’ve put the best tape ever in, and Rockers vs Orients is only seconds away.

• Paid Members
On 8/30/2020 at 12:10 PM, PowerButchi said:

I find them hammy as fuck. Something like the WrestleMania 8 intro is enough for me. 

I found the Wrestlemania 6, 7 and 8 ("in what could be....HIS FAREWELL MATCH!!!") intros to be enough for me. Early Summerslam ones were good when Jim Johnston got his Casio keyboard out and had a play.

• Paid Members

I really like the Survivor Series 1996 one. I just can't find it anywhere. The intro's to a lot of shows hold a tonne of nostalgia themselves. I think they definitely used to be better than they are now, but maybe that's the nostalgia talking again? They do seem to be a bit more generic now.