This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

Supposed to have kicked off at the Smith/Eubank press conference yesterday. BBBoC are now getting involved. Smith supposedly insinuated Eubank was gay because he has never seen him with a woman. And Eubank said Smith has been cheating on his wife. All a bit weird.

And just like that, I hope Eubank smashes Smith into next week:

Speaking during the event, the 34-year-old Smith asked this opponent why he didn't have a girlfriend or wife.

"Has anybody in this room ever seen you with a girl?" Smith asked. "Have you got something to tell us?

"Really, cause you're 33... you said on the programme, you know, 'When you have kids'?

"Do you want to tell us so?"

He went on: "You put pictures up of Neymar in limousines, do you want to tell us, because nobody in this room has ever seen you with a woman."

Hitting back, Eubank Jr told the Scouser to mind his own business.

"Listen, my private life is my private life," he said. "You know, that's irrelevant to the boxing. But you know, listen, I'm happy, I'm comfortable."

Continuing his bizarre attack, Smith went on: "Have you got something to tell us? You're 33, you're going on about having kids, you've got to have a woman to have kids.

"Like, do you want to tell us something, no one's ever seen you with a woman."

Eubank Jr said it was a 'personal question' to ask someone.

Smith then claimed that he 'was not that type of way' himself and that he 'liked women'.

Clearly, and understandably annoyed by the comments, Eubank Jr went on the attack.

"I used to think Tony Bellew was the biggest arsehole to come out of Liverpool, but I think Liam has definitely taken the number one spot, it's impressive," he said.

Smith then jumped in: "Come on, just tell them!"

To which Eubank Jr replied: "You're asking me if I'm gay, you're asking me about my beard and my hair.

"If you want to get personal with it, if you want to get darker personal with it, you know, talking about being gay and do I like girls, you know, I've been told by multiple sources that you cheat on your wife on every occasion."

Adding: "I'd rather be gay than a cheat."

An absolutely terrible look for Smith there. He's obviously been wound up to the point where his "local lad done good, the cheeky chappie next door" persona has slipped slightly.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

He’s always simply been known as the ‘Smith brother that looks like Dave Hedgehog’ on the rare occasions he comes up when me and my brother talk Boxing. Seems he’s a bit hung up on the gay thing. For some reason.

I always kind of wanted Eubank Jr to do well when he turned pro just because I was a big fan of his old man and I remembered him as a kid on that reality show with the Eubanks. As he got further into his career I found him a bit annoying for a spell but he’s done a full on face turn for me over the last few months with how he’s handled the Conor Benn fiasco and now this. 

Edited by wandshogun09

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

sincecwhen has Smith been known as the cheeky chappie next door? he's almost been seen as the Smith brother you don't want to get on the wrong side of, Liam's a horrible bastard.

And a homophobe it would appear. I hope Eubank and his fake hairline smash him.

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Eubank with the armband. I love the way Smith’s going the ‘you’re gay’ route like a fucking 8 year old from 1996 thinking it’s gonna get under Eubank’s skin. Proper whopper.

What has surprised me is that the response to his comments on Facebook etc have been mainly negative. I figured the typical boxing crowd would be like "Beefy is a pure legend, calling out that gay Eubank, chortle" but I've seen quite a lot of people saying that they hope Eubank beats him now.

6 hours ago, David said:

"If you want to get personal with it, if you want to get darker personal with it, you know, talking about being gay and do I like girls, you know, I've been told by multiple sources that you cheat on your wife on every occasion."

Adding: "I'd rather be gay than a cheat."

Eubank has absolutely done him there. I hope he knocks Smith into next week, the prick.