This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

The thing with Fury is that he fights to the level of his opponent. I'm seeing lots of chatter about how Usyk will handle him easily based on his performance against Chisora.

Same as Wilder was going to starch him out after Fury's performance against Wallin.

Fury vs Usyk would be a great fight. The two best heavyweights around right now.

• Paid Members

can't be arsed to write anything, but here's the weekend lineup as a heads up, lots on, and harder fights for the stars than they may first appear across the board, i reckon there'll be at least 1 decent upset this weekend:

FdcldCSXkAEEYcj-770x595.jpg.082d85f59421d5ba0ec740b21d93b01e.jpg

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Not many services pick up the Japanese fights  The previous Inoue fight against Nonito Donaire was on a weekday at UK lunchitme. I'm sure it was streamed free on YouTube as I watched it in my lunch break at work.

Ebanie Bridges upped her bikini game for her weigh in yesterday.

spacer.png

Next weigh in will be on her OnlyFans account at this rate.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Some good stuff there. Didn’t realise how much Boxing was on this week. Is the Inoue fight and Crawford vs Avanesyan gonna be televised over here? I really can’t be fucked trying to stream shit these days. 

Warrington/Lopez is on Dazn

Conlan/Guerfi is on Fite+ 

Lopez/Martin is on Sky

Crawford/Avenesyan is on BLKPrime (PPV)

Pacquiao/DK Yoo is on Fite (PPV)

on the subject of the Crawford card too, Cris Cyborg is boxing in her official pro debut in the co-main event.

Edited by Egg Shen

Josh Warrington lost his world title to Luis Alberto Lopez. He doesn't have much luck beating Mexicans. I watched the first round and you could tell Lopez came for a good scrap. The highlights showed it as a really toss-up who could win. Lopez must have done an ample amount because he topped the scorecards in Josh's home city, with no Mexican as a judge. The UK judge gave it a draw and the other two had it 115 - 113.

The obligatory Warrington headclash came early in the fight. Mike Costello who is now commentating for Dazn sarcastically pondered. When there is a headclash in a Josh Warrington fight, he always comes better off.  Josh himself said there's a stigma, that he's a dirty fighter. Probably because he keeps headbutting people!

Lopez wasn't taking any shit and when Warrington hit him low on the leg. He made the referee give him a 20 second recovery period. 

Matchroom were saying if Warrington won this fight, he wanted a big fight in the State's. Surely he knows outside of Leeds he has no fanbase. 

I saw a bit of Teofimo Lopez who was a whinging winner. He was arguing with his opponent Sandor Martin that he didn't come to fight and just ran around. He knew Martin was a tricky counter puncher before he took the fight. Then he was arguing with the interviewer saying he got put down with a left hand when it was a right hand.  

• Paid Members

Warrington's just an absolute nightmare to fight. I don't even know if he uses his head on purpose, but he's so aggressive and moves his body and shoulders in a way and always means he's nutting people. If you can't deal with the roughness of a Warrington fight he'll drown you, but Lopez managed it, just. It was close but no complaints with the verdict.

Teofimo Lopez just doesn't look right. There was so much talk about how his head went pre-Kambosos as a result of problems in his personal life and the way his career was being managed. Then there was the health issues after Kambosos (I question the validity of some of it), and now he just doesn't look the force he once was. He got through it, the cards were shocking, but I don't have Lopez in the mix as a top guy anymore.

Paul Butler fights Inoue today too. It'll be on sometime this morning I believe as it's in Japan. Really is mission impossibe. The odds have it at nearly even monety that Butler makes it past a round and a half which is mental for a unified World Title fight. Pray for Butler...

FjxZDeIUUAY8ijZ.thumb.jpg.c3f40d1d8cb5bdb78164b3ab2dbad142.jpg

• Paid Members

well, Paul Butler is alive and well.

He survived until round 11 which was an achievement in itself, but Butler really had no real shot of winning and never looked like he tried too. He probably felt the power early and kept it tight and defensive. The commentary was overly harsh on him I thought (Tim Bradley again, he's the worst).

• Paid Members

you might not have seen it, but Billam-Smith's KO last night is worth a look. He had a rough opening few rounds but found this combo in round 5, goodnight Irene.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊 (Tank vs. Garcia - Jan 7th)
  • Paid Members

Yeah, it's going ahead. Should it be? who knows but away from the drama outside the ring there's no denying Tank Davis is good to watch in it.

FldQcR8WQAEpLJi.thumb.jpg.d8a3a391295d29a4db0e3d597161c167.jpg

First weekend of the year and we have an American PPV. It's not a PPV worthy fight but Tank sells so he'll always be on PPV. This is pegged as a tune up before they announce a Tank/Ryan Garcia superfight for April which will be massive. Hector Luis Garvia isn't fancied but he's coming off a massive upset win over Steven Colbert so he should be riding a massive wave of confidence. Risky and needless fight for Tank to take really but he should come through comfortably.

this weird little face off at the presser got shared about during the week, strange little scene, the lack of security here is alarming:

Undercard is full of mismatches with the bookies but do involve some big names, the show is £9 on Fite TV over here if you fancy it.

Gervonta Davis vs. Hector Luis Garcia

Jaron Ennis vs. Karen Chukhadzhian

Rashidi Ellis vs. Roiman Villa

Demetrious Andrade vs. Desmond Nicholson

That's how the main card pans out.