This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I think Shields will win comfortably on points. I think everyone involved has done a great job of promoting it and making it feel like the two best in the World going at it, but I think there's going to be a bit of a gap between them in terms of ability, i can't see Marshall's power really coming into play either. It's close with the bookies, Shields was a slight underdog earlier in the week but closed as the favourite. Really looking forward to it though.

Talking of promotion. Makaela Mayer and Alycia Baumgardner have pretty much stole the thunder of the Shields & Marshall. Genuine needle there, a similar boxer-puncher dynamic to the main event. 

...and Mikaela Mayer is some woman 😍

Everything below the top two fights will be standard mis-matched women's boxing but the top two fights are must see for me.

Over in Oz...

Felt nothing for this at start, but i've slowly got into it. The intrigue is just seeing what Kambosos attempts to do differently, because was so soundly beaten last time. Feel a bit sorry for Kambosos. He played his Undisputed reign as well as anyone, maximised his spot and did an amazing job of promoting his next fight, problem was, he didn't back it up and by all account the Australian media have lost interest, the rematch is a much smaller affair. I still expect Haney to win because this about levels, but i'd love to see Kambosos do well.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah, I’m thinking Shields by fairly wide decision myself. Power only means anything if you connect and I can see Marshall doing a lot of punching air in this one.

I’m actually more interested in the Mayer vs Baumgardner fight the closer it’s gotten.

I think Shields will outbox Marshall and win by decision.

Wasn't interested in the first Haney v Kambosos fight and not fussed about the rematch. Haney looked like shit on the scales, weight drained very badly. Once this is over, he has to be moving up. Kind of crazy, he's only 23 and this will be his 29th fight.

• Paid Members

yeah, utter bullshit that one.

The thing is, Sky introduced that 'fan vote' thing during the broadcast, they voted that Mayer won comfortably, the unofficial card had Mayer winning comfortably, the between round guests has Mayer winning comfortably. Then 2 of the 3 official judges have Baumgardner winning, what are they seeing different to everyone else? It was competitive, but there was only one winner of the fight for me.

The main event absolutely delivered though, I said the co-main event stole the build up but Shields/Marshall stole fight night. Shields rightfully got the nod there. Marshall was gritty and left it all in there but the quality all night was with Shields. Excellent fight. I don't think it was on par with Taylor/Serrano but it wasn't far off.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Jesus H Christ, Deontay Wilder.

BAE13152-F7AD-4F9C-8C4A-7B7A9F727F07.gif

Poor Robert.

You can't take anything away from that other than the fact that Wilder can still crack. It didn't even look a massive shot, Helenius just walked onto it and it was lights out. Up until the stoppage there was nothing happening. I think Wilder's lack of doing anything lulled Helenius into thinking he could get something done and that's where the man done fucked up. Wilder landed 3 punches.

Kind of pointless, but it re-introduced Wilder in a perfect way. He's not the best fighter, but he is the best attraction in the divsion.

20221016_163901.thumb.jpg.c9f7c427a5a0744fdbb97a868b138221.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen