This Weekend's Boxing šŸ„Š (Haney vs. Garcia - April 20th)

Egg Shen

On 8/21/2022 at 8:07 PM, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Ā 

Fury has fought what 11x in 9 years and pissed away his whole 20s and prime.Ā 

Ā 

I think the money heā€™s made, beaten Wilder thrice (it was three times letā€™s be fair), outboxed a prime Klitschko, knocked out Whyte, outbrawled Chisora, pretty much respected everywhere as the finest Heavyweight champ since Lewis, thatā€™s an ok Prime isnā€™t it?Ā 
Ā 

I mean if you want to talk about pissing things away, just watch Supertape 92 with Jake Roberts and pay him two hundred notes for the privilege.Ā 
Ā 

Stop b***g a fucking benny.

Double post, but where does Joshua go now? Wilder in a 3 round desperate ā€œwho can drop who firstā€ bout to be relevant again?

Ā 

Spoiler

Wilder would fucking kill him in two

Or Alternatively. Joshua could be a real man and take on Michael Sprott, Matt Skelton, A FORCE, Danny Williams, or the current King of Bang Julius Francis.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Butch2000

On 8/21/2022 at 8:07 PM, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Ā 

Ā 

What was eubank snr sky deal in the 90s?Ā  10m for 8 fights in 1 calendar year??Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

At which juncture after signing with Sky did Eubank ever fight ten times in one year? When he went to sky he lost twice against Collins, once against Calzaghe to fill in for Collins on short notice after Collinsā€™ retirement, and then twice moving up to Cruiserweight to fight Carl Thompson and they were on box office. He fought monthly at the start against bums then after a couple of fights he fought Henry Wharton (my childhood fave, hard as fuck) then hardly fought at all.

Ā 

and surely a few big fights once or twice a year is better than fight ā€œbum of the monthā€?Ā 
Ā 

[quote]

Ā 

HonestlyĀ the fighters don't want toĀ fight anymore.
Ā 

[/quote]
Ā 

im sure the professionals pugilists will be gutted by the fact some absolute fanny who flounced from here in the past when he was made to look a prick will be gutted. Thereā€™s probably more go in a burned out Yugo at the bottom of a river than youā€™ve got in you, but ā€œfighters donā€™t want to fight anymoreā€

Ā 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

Double post, but where does Joshua go now? Wilder in a 3 round desperate ā€œwho can drop who firstā€ bout to be relevant again

Ā 

Ā 

Eddie Hearn has said he wants Joshua to take a confidence builder in December, so expect that to be some scrub if it happens. After that I think the best course of action may be a fight with Dillian Whyte over here, both with DAZN, built in rivalry, redemption storyline, and they'd pack out any venue they put it in.

Ā 

Ā 

7 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

I think the money heā€™s made, beaten Wilder thrice (it was three times letā€™s be fair), outboxed a prime Klitschko, knocked out Whyte, outbrawled Chisora, pretty much respected everywhere as the finest Heavyweight champ since Lewis, thatā€™s an ok Prime isnā€™t it?Ā 
Ā 

I mean if you want to talk about pissing things away, just watch Supertape 92 with Jake Roberts and pay him two hundred notes for the privilege.Ā 
Ā 

Stop b***g a fucking benny.

A 'benny' nice to know an opinion is warranting of abuse,Ā  isn't this a forum?Ā 

Also love the way an error of judgement 20 years ago and told for amusement seems to form the the basis of judgement on everything I've done?Ā  Strange.Ā 

Anyway that legacy you speak of is piss poor.Ā 

Wlad: was 37, coming off several injuries, had marital issues at home, even then it was arguably a draw.Ā 

Wilder: is a terrible titleist with a poor resume and only has his right hand! -Ā  also by turning up in fight 3 in shit shape did he need to take all those unnecessary head shots?Ā 

Whyte: really????Ā  Hes an awful lumberer,Ā  whom an ancient Sasha sparked.Ā 

Wallin: cut him and did far better than he should have (and he's a mediocre euro fighter).Ā 

An athletes career is a short one, and given boxing is a legacy sport,Ā  wasting yours 20s Is foolish.Ā 

If your the Goat,Ā  prove it.....like every other legit legend in the sport has.Ā 

Also if we are going to compare Fury to Lewis,Ā  yes there were a few fights out there against fighters whom were passed prime or not great however he still beat:

Ruddock,Ā  golota, rahman,Ā  vitali,Ā  tua,Ā  morrison,Ā  mercerĀ 

All of whom were peak,Ā  feared or legit contendersĀ 

Then you have holyfield (whom was winning titles after),Ā  bruno (would win title after),Ā  akinwande (avoided),Ā  briggs (would win a title after),Ā  Grant (highly regarded at time).Ā 

Haven't Inc tyson as he was a shell, or the mccall win,Ā  tucker etcĀ 

If you can't see that's superior to fury,Ā  then there's no hope for you

Ā 

1 hour ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Anyway that legacy you speak of is piss poor.

You really aren't doing yourself any favours, are you?

1 hour ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Also if we are going to compare Fury to Lewis...

He isn't though, is he? He said he was the finest heavyweight champion since Lewis. Tell us who you think has been better since Lewis called it a day?

Also, I'm not sure you'd call dealing with depression and bipolar disorder, while contemplating suicide at numerous points as "wasting your 20's." The very fact he came back at all and is still alive, never mind doing what he's done since that period in a boxing ring is nothing short of astounding.

Edited by David

1 hour ago, David said:

Also, I'm not sure you'd call dealing with depression and bipolar disorder, while contemplating suicide at numerous points as "wasting your 20's."

I believe on here it was called ā€œFucked off for a bitā€

• Paid Members

Fury's still unbeaten at HW, and he's beaten almost everyone there is available to beat. He can only fight who's there, so shitting on his legacy for that is fucking stupid. Who else is left for him to fight that we think might have a chance of beating him? The only talk at the moment is Usyk, and he's on a hiding to nothing by JRPO's standards if Fury fights him - if he wins, the victory gets written off as having beaten a blown-up cruiser, even if he was undefeated and highly skilled.

Joshua? Does anyone really give him a chance against Fury at this point?

And if Wilder's such a chump, why is Fury the only guy to beat him? So what if Klitschko was getting old? He was undefeated for over twenty fights prior to that, nobody had toppled him, and he'd won his previous bout only six months previously, so clearly, if he was on the slide, it was only recent, very sudden, and no-one could've predicted it - what's Fury meant to do about that?

Taking into account that the guy was almost suicidal at one point, and completely out of shape with it, how can you discount the record of a boxer who's done what Fury did?

Ā 

Most important question to JRPO: whom does Fury have to beat before you'd accept he's done the best any HW could in the era we're living in now?Ā 

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Fury's still unbeaten at HW, and he's beaten almost everyone there is available to beat. He can only fight who's there

That's not true, Fury has only fought 3 credible opponents in the last 7 years.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

That's not true, Fury has only fought 3 credible opponents in the last 7 years.

OK, but who else is there that's credible who's left to beat apart from Joshua and Usyk? From what I gather, no-one would consider Parker or Browne. Joe Joyce, perhaps, but he's only really risen in rank to anywhere near Fury in the last year or so.

You know boxing better than I do, so I'd genuinely be interested in hearing.

• Paid Members

There's plenty of fighters i'd love to see Fury fight, it's just fallen into a bit of a situation now where only the biggest fights are being considered, especially with the whole unification thing in play. There are quite clearly two top guys now, nothing else is going to happen until that's resolvedĀ 

Fury's young enough too where be could even fight the next crop of heavyweights coming through (and there's plenty of them), but that isn't going to happen. As a fan i'd would love to see him active and start fighting all the other top guys in the division.

Ā 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

There's plenty of fighters i'd love to see Fury fight, it's just fallen into a bit of a situation now where only the biggest fights are being considered, especially with the whole unification thing in play. There are quite clearly two top guys now, nothing else is going to happen until that's resolvedĀ 

Fury's young enough too where be could even fight the next crop of heavyweights coming through (and there's plenty of them), but that isn't going to happen. As a fan i'd would love to see him active and start fighting all the other top guys in the division.

Ā 

That's the thing - I took into account that there are lots of fighters in the HW division, but I figured we were at the point where we were talking about fights that would be reasonable for Fury to take at this stage in his career. From a fan perspective, I'd imagine fighting Browne, Parker, Helenius, Joyce, etc. would be worth watching, but in terms of fights that a promoter might consider, it doesn't really seem there are all that many outside of Usyk.