Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members

Facebook has kindly reminded me that I acquired my monster Devastator three years ago. He's a thing of beauty!

11872304_10153457239685943_4893339283163194933_o.thumb.jpg.653584e64d2d5b22e7a773926f41d065.jpg

I really should find time to reassemble him. The Constructicons have been on guard duty in my office since not long after I got him.

• Paid Members

The crown jewel is Combiner Wars Devastator. Next down heightwise is the original but he's got a bunch of CrazyDevy upgrades which have added quite a bit of height because of the waist and thighs. On the right is a low-quality knock-off version of the original from the World's Smallest Transformers range. The final one is a model from the Super Collection Figure line.

As you might have guessed, I quite like Devastator :)

• Paid Members

Pretty jealous. I only have the original, the Action Master and the SCF.

As an aside I was at my mothers yesterday and had a root around to find a bagged Skywarp I’d bought from Memorabilia in 2006. I’d thought it an original but it has the ridiculous elongated missiles that mark it out as a 2003 Commemorative reissue. I also found a burgundy Starscream, missing kibble but still stiff joints like new. Apparently it’s Cybertron Starscream from a vs Vector Prime double pack. Bought for fuck all from a car boot. Also a bagged up original Kickback I have no memory of buying, great condition with instructions and gun (slightly crome discoloured) still with a price sticker on the bag ; £15.

The TF highlight was picking up the platinum Intel Ops set - Blaster, three tapes and Perceptor. £45 from eBay. Box is much better condition than it looked on the listing, I’m delighted with it.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The TF highlight was picking up the platinum Intel Ops set - Blaster, three tapes and Perceptor. £45 from eBay. Box is much better condition than it looked on the listing, I’m delighted with it.

Ah mate that's awesome. Absolute bargain. Really want that set myself.

• Paid Members
On 8/14/2020 at 7:22 PM, Ronnie said:

Somewhere in my office is a Masterpiece Megatron. For some reason, I can't find him, although two Jar Jar Binxes (Ronette's, not mine) are on display and I can't escape them.

I still can't find him, although Facebook has just reminded me that I'm not mad and definitely do have him. I might have to have a word with my nephew on suspicion of theft, but that cute three-year-old now is now 13 and a couple of hairs away from six feet, so I'll let him off.

11879231_10153474040820943_2069102270128532718_o.thumb.jpg.bdbee4f512b59802680282767d197902.jpg

(That toy is impossible to transform. It takes at least 30 minutes with the help of a YouTube tutorial, and even then it's 50:50 whether you'll get there.)

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Ronnie said:

(That toy is impossible to transform. It takes at least 30 minutes with the help of a YouTube tutorial, and even then it's 50:50 whether you'll get there.)

I feel the same about my Combiner Wars Starscream Leader class (with crown). It’s not just the complexity but that the movement of the fuselage around the pelvis involves a certain amount of forcing, it doesn’t just slip into place, and an entire housing feels like it’s prone to snapping. He was transformed once then put back in the box. I’m getting Earthrise voyager class tomorrow, hope it’s easier.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

My nephew has one from the Bay movies that is just so fiddly, with flimsy joints and bits that pop off when you're transforming him, that it's almost like a transformable display model than a toy.

I have *one* of those not including a raft of Legends class from the first two movies which I found sturdy and disturbingly collectable ; Brawl from the first film (I suppose Deluxe class, I can’t remember). If I remember correctly it’s a tough transform but nothing too liable to break and he looks good in both modes. Having said that it must be 10 years since I inspected the toy.

• Paid Members

It’s me birthday today and as well as Earthrise Starscream a mate bought me a Chinese KO Optimus. It’s pretty cute.

EDIT - fuck me, I’m never transforming that again.

A01E3862-208F-4619-93CB-E5F974EEC0A2.jpeg

DE9E191A-45DB-4F25-BBDF-53D2A2EA0835.jpeg

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

One of the current Humble Comics Bundles has a lot of the IDW Transformers crossover comics. It's mostly the GI Joe stuff at the lower tiers, but if you pay the top price (Just shy of £12) it's got the Transformers/Ghostbusters Crossover and the Transformers/Star Trek comics in there.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/hasbro-comics-crossovers-idw-publishing-books?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_4

• Paid Members

Thanks so much for that. I've only got two of those books so I've jumped on that bundle. Great stuff.