Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members
On 11/24/2020 at 8:32 AM, air_raid said:

Of all the cons I could have popped a Gmetal G1 core for, I landed Razorclaw, who is leader of my war squad. Three new 4* star cons (2 from Premium) and several gold cores of note including a Glass Gas mine and 2 x EO plus bronze G1 for Soundwave which will be very handy for outpost.

Razorclaw is a character that needs more attention. He was written brilliantly in the lead up to Transformers 100 during the hunt for Prime. His alt mode is one of my favourites. The lionĀ head as the chest plate on Predaking always looks awesome in comic art. Never quite carriedĀ over into the physical models though. Whoever has the comics license at the moment needs to be lobbied and made to do more with Razorclaw.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Razorclaw is a character that needs more attention. He was written brilliantly in the lead up to Transformers 100 during the hunt for Prime. His alt mode is one of my favourites. The lines head as the chest plate on Predaking always looks awesome in comic art. Never quite Carrie's over into the physical models though. Whoever has the comics license at the moment needs to be lobbied and made to do more with Razorclaw.

PotP Razor is pretty cool.

ICe8qgUL4_qhhfKxyAv2uex12vgnDc9KfOXAflc4

So MS Detective 13 AKA Hound (in desert fatigue) and Skywarp, Starscream and Thundercracker KO's arrived. Aside from an iffy knee joint on Skywarp then deffo enjoying. Have a Jinbao Megatron and a MFT Transformation Ultra Magnus on the way too. Hopefully both here before Brexit as do not want import charges...

126363443_883356305741850_30351269000642

124168263_873356756741805_69440008520287

2 hours ago, BigJag said:

Razorclaw is a character that needs more attention. He was written brilliantly in the lead up to Transformers 100 during the hunt for Prime. His alt mode is one of my favourites. The lines head as the chest plate on Predaking always looks awesome in comic art. Never quite Carrie's over into the physical models though. Whoever has the comics license at the moment needs to be lobbied and made to do more with Razorclaw.

Which comic series is that in mate?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BigJag said:

If you mean the Prime Hunt. It was in the original UK Transformers Comic from the 80s.

ā€œPreyā€ is the story everyoneā€™s thinking about. Shockwave instructs Soundwave to convince Megatron to bring the Predacons to Earth under the pretence of hunting Optimus. The Preds are secretly on Shockwaveā€™s payroll as (logically) itā€™s a plan for Shockers to usurp Megatron as it invariably was. When the Preds have Prime cornered they then disarm Megatron and scarper, as Shockwaveā€™s (not brilliant) plan was that unarmed, Optimus would easily defeat Megatron and heā€™d be able to claim the con leadership. However a bizarre accident causes Prime to disappear (heā€™s on Cybertron) so it doesnā€™t really work out.

Later on Shockwave goes one better and literally hires the Preds to simply put Megatron away. He equips them with fake Autobot symbols to absolve himself of blame and for reasons I canā€™t remember (his growing insanity caused by the Straxus thing, if that had happened yet) Megatron had no memory of who they were. It went wrong again for ol one eye as Megatron defeated even Predaking in combat, but before he could extract revenge he went mad, blew up the space bridge and, errr.... ended up on Cybertron.

I love the Predacons. As I may have mentioned, the Predaking gift set was the first toy I put down a 3 figure sum for. I quite like much of their treatment in the cartoon - their feud with Sky Lynx was very amusing, especially in (iirc) The Quintesson Journal where Predaking exclaims, exasperated, ā€œNot until Sky Lynx DIES!!ā€ when Galvatron tries to usher him away from the fight. Thereā€™s some nice shots of Predaking in Nightmare Planet though inconsistent with some of the other dross, as though the episode were animated part and part by two studios, and I marked out for their little cameo in (spoiler name removed) the s3 finale, TROOP pt 2.

Their star turn of course is from Call Of The Primitives both in terms of animation quality and characterisation. I know Iā€™ve posted it in here before but Iā€™ll enjoy typing it out again too much - how the Preds face certain death :

Headstrong : ā€œI detest fleeing! I would rather die fighting!ā€

Razorclaw : ā€œHe is right! Predacons... unite!ā€

Almost too heroic to be Decepticons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It definitely is looking decent from that trailer. The animation still has that stiff movement to it. I'm guessing that's intended. The show is lacking a bit of charm. All a bit too serious at the moment.Ā 

Sixo has done another one of his Masterpiece Masterclass videos.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

I'm proper hyped for it. Watched the trailer half a dozen times already. Genuinely didn't think they were going that direction, which is silly looking back.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Has anyone been reading this series. Thus cover has really caught my eye. What's the story like?

Transformers 26 (1)__scaled_600.jpg

It's ok. I think it suffers by comparison to the previous continuity and it really took a while to get going. Perhaps they were a bit over ambitious in terms of scope as they immediately launch into quite wide ranging stories with loads of characters in different groups and settings. The sister comic, Transformers: Galaxies is telling smaller, more personal and more self contained stories, which I think might have been a better way to go while they establish the new universe.

It's not bad by any means, so give it a go and see whether you like it. Any competent Transformers content is better than none, right?Ā 

Ā