The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

14 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

Gunther/Sami is to take place on Raw? That’s surprising, but exciting - I can’t wait. Sami won’t win, but its placement on television has me hopeful that this is a step in the story that is Sami’s journey towards holding his first world title. I don’t think they’ll take this path, but I’d be all for seeing them go with Gunther/Sami again at Wrestlemania as their title match. Sami surely has to win a World title at some point, and when he does, my goosebumps will have goosebumps.

As far as the rest of the show goes, it was another highly enjoyable episode of Raw. It’s interesting that no one has even bothered to post about the most recent Smackdown. I’d say it’s like night and day with the two shows, but that’s not fair - Smackdown isn’t a bad show, it just feels very missable. Raw, on the other hand, is going to become even more enjoyable when it becomes a two hour show next week. I can’t wait, even if it does end up being short-lived. 

Problem with Smackdown as well is it seems like its the same main event week after week with some combination of the bloodline and KO, Cody etc. Bit like that period on Raw last year where it seemed like Cody was fighting the Judgement Day every week for months.

Raw is really good at the moment, I would have liked the Gunther/Sami match to be on Bad Blood at the weekend but headlining the first 2 hour Raw for a decade is ok.

Great to see Seth back too, keep him busy with Bronson for a while until Rumble/Mania season and then the build to the inevitable Punk match. Could see Rollins challenging Gunther at the Rumble maybe.

• Paid Members

I thought Rollins' return was good. He didn't act a knob and he was dressed quite normally by his standards. Will he continue to not act like a knob? No. Will he continue to keep Liberace's wardrobe padlocked? Also no.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I thought Rollins' return was good. He didn't act a knob and he was dressed quite normally by his standards. Will he continue to not act like a knob? No. Will he continue to keep Liberace's wardrobe padlocked? Also no.

I wasn't sure I liked he caused the match to end (although I understand his beef with the big man so I get it, I just wish it didn't end that way). Thought the match was pretty decent. The ring breaking spot looked naff, but only due to having Big Show/Brock's one burned into my brain and that one was perfect. But for the younger fan who had never seen it before, it probably blew their mind and thats great!

I also saw the opening. Jay is super over (I don't get it, I don't have to, he just is), but that promo was absoultely horrendous. I do also like the opening with Wade and Joe in the ring. I know I said Joe was too much like Michael Cole at times for me, but he genuinely looks thrilled to be there and that goes a long way into making the product feel special. He's a great asset.

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Raw is really good at the moment, I would have liked the Gunther/Sami match to be on Bad Blood at the weekend but headlining the first 2 hour Raw for a decade is ok.

I’m expecting it to take up a good chunk of Raw’s second hour in a way that it couldn’t on Bad Blood, and I’m all for that - I can’t imagine feeling anything other than super-invested as the match goes on. I’d be amazed if they actually did this, but I wouldn’t be against them booking a massive upset and having Sami win the belt. It goes against what almost anyone would expect, and it would set up an intriguing run of programming as a result.

Just now, Matthew said:

I’m confused. You have stated multiple times since Mania that you don’t watch WWE at present, even so much as saying the day after Mania you were tapping out your watching, yet weekly since then, you have an opinion on something that's taken place on the most recent show.

Which is it?

What does it actually matter to you? If he's a hypocrite, he's a hypocrite. Or he's watching YouTube clips. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Matthew said:

I’m confused. You have stated multiple times since Mania that you don’t watch WWE at present, even so much as saying the day after Mania you were tapping out your watching, yet weekly since then, you have an opinion on something that's taken place on the most recent show.

Which is it?

Why does it matter? Who gives a fuck? He watched something and had an opinion on it and shared it on a forum specifically for people who want to share opinions on wrestling. If you've got an issue with it then maybe DM him or something.

• Paid Members
Just now, Matthew said:

I’m simply looking to understand the logic behind hate watching something. My mistake, and apologies if it came across shitty.

Fair enough. To me the logic behind hate watching is usually along the lines of "this thing I used to love is crap now but if I keep watching maybe I'll catch it when it gets good again".

Just now, Merzbow said:

Hate watching is the glue to this forum, that and pooing.

Definitely not so much now but there was a damn long stretch there when WWE was unopposed and the joy was mostly stripped out of watching it for sure. But there was always a small glimmer of hope somewhere when something good would happen. Thankfully the good far outweighs the bad now and people are watching and attending mostly because they do actually like it.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Fair enough. To me the logic behind hate watching is usually along the lines of "this thing I used to love is crap now but if I keep watching maybe I'll catch it when it gets good again".

This has been considered good for most of the last couple of years. There's lots that people like. Crowds are great. Reviews are good. It's never going to be better than this. If someone doesn't like it now, I don't see they ever will again.

2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

This has been considered good for most of the last couple of years. There's lots that people like. Crowds are great. Reviews are good. It's never going to be better than this. If someone doesn't like it now, I don't see they ever will again.

I'd put myself in that column. I stopped around the first Saudi show and they kept giving me loads of reasons to not come back. I don't even watch AEW a lot as an alternative. Just Dynamite. I do check out something on YouTube if people do go on about something being good out of sheer interest in wrestling. It is so brilliant generally though that you have two companies (and more) putting out the content they are doing at the moment. Spoiled rotten.