The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Bit confused as to why Liv was crying? It's been played all along she is just winding up Rhea, why is she suddenly acting heartbroken?

I would book it so Rhea just totally dominates Liv, doing the whole refusing to pin her thing and then Dom comes down to plea for mercy and just pin her and end it, then as she goes for the pin he drags out and knocks out ref, hit's a move on rhea and puts Liv on top. Next PPV we do Liv v Rhea, this time competitive (because Dom keeps interfering) and then finally Rhea v Dom.

And Rhea v Dom will blow the roof of when it happens, it will be a 100% pro Rhea crowd.

33 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Bit confused as to why Liv was crying? It's been played all along she is just winding up Rhea, why is she suddenly acting heartbroken?

She's explicitly said that she began the whole thing to wind up Rhea, but it became genuine - so that'll be why. 

Doing these late nighters are hard work but worth it to see Punk appear and confirm he is ready to compete again. Punk vs. McIntyre at Summerslam is going to be fantastic. Dominik is so disliked, when he turns on Ripley and screws her out of winning back her title, her payback on him is going to be a lot of fun. The storyline telling in WWE this year has been on point. So many stories keep building and building, add Reigns and The Final Boss coming back at some point too, it's going to be a lot of fun and make me watch. 

1 hour ago, RedTwoster said:

She's explicitly said that she began the whole thing to wind up Rhea, but it became genuine - so that'll be why. 

Ahh right, i literally watched a 20 second highlight on Insta, my bad should have watched the whole segment?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, theringmaster said:

To make us all feel foolish when Dom turns on Rhea. It’s a swerve, bro.

2 hours ago, theringmaster said:

Ahh right, i literally watched a 20 second highlight on Insta, my bad should have watched the whole segment?

This was on a previous week, but I can’t remember when - she’s definitely said it, though.

Wasn’t it meant to come across as a purposely fake cry? I even expected a sinister smile about to break out when she was walking away. All so Rhea thinks her and Dom aren’t aligned.

Bo Dallas wearing platforms? He looked much taller than normal in that Howdy get up.

I really hate champs in non-title matches losing only to then win the title match. No idea what that was even bothering to build to if I’m honest.

2 hours ago, FUM said:

Wasn’t it meant to come across as a purposely fake cry? I even expected a sinister smile about to break out when she was walking away. All so Rhea thinks her and Dom aren’t aligned.

I don’t think so:

I’m assuming this is the catalyst that’ll trigger something in Dom and have him change sides. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, FUM said:

I really hate champs in non-title matches losing only to then win the title match. No idea what that was even bothering to build to if I’m honest.

Oh, hello.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:23 AM, air_raid said:

did WWE do an episode of TV where champions lost a non-title match? Yes they did.

Garth-Crooks.jpg

Even though it’s a 3-hour show, Raw might be my favourite wrestling show of the week right now. Karrion Kross aside, pretty much everything is connecting for me. I’d never have expected to feel as invested in The Wyatt Sicks as I am, Liv Morgan or a match between Damien Priest and Gunther. Yet all of them are involved in storylines I’m really enjoying. Then there’s McIntyre/Punk, which is just tremendous. I wasn’t exactly relishing the involvement of Rollins, but once again, they’ve surpassed my expectations with that one and I can’t bloody wait. This is the most excited I’ve felt for a Summerslam in years - maybe ever.

Backtracking slightly - while I’d love them to figure out something that works for Karrion Kross (mainly because of their insistence on using him), this story with the New Day is awful. There’s not an act I dread in wrestling as much as Kross. Max Caster at his worst pisses all over Kross at his best. Triple H must really like him personally or something, otherwise I can’t understand why they are persisting with him. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

Triple H must really like him personally or something, otherwise I can’t understand why they are persisting with him. 

Every booker in history always has that one mid-card scrub they love that they insist on pushing even when it's clearly not working. It's weirdly endearing.

What's crazy about Kross is when he was in NXT I thought he was a future WWE main event. Him and Scarlett just oozed 'star'. His work was never great but when has that ever stopped someone getting over? 

Yet ever since he has been called up he has just been so bad. I even thought when he back under the HHH regime and did the angle with Drew and Roman 'Here we go! A new main event guy!' and just....nope. 

59 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Thank God for Drew in this feud that's all I'm saying. The other guy is flat as hell

Thought it was a very flat go home segment as a whole. 

You could kind of sense it before it even got fully underway though. 

After months of gloriously chaotic mud slinging, we get the fan's favourite relegated to being a ref, bringing two guys out for a chat about the rules and telling them they can't touch each other. 

The St. Paul crowd didn't need much encouragement to be tepid anyway, and that setup done them no favours. Punk missed a few "They're not going to start chanting, get on with it" cues as well which is unlike him, generally. 

It's happened a few times now since he came back where - whilst he'll generally get great reactions - sometimes you remember a lot of people in the audience never watched him twelve years ago. The Summer of Punk and his tumultuous tenure elsewhere mean sod all to them.

I think the angle's been mostly great but it's definitely something they ought to keep in mind going forward - as much as our general level of investment might dislike WWE's explain-itis -  that he needs to be showcased in storylines that matter on their own terms rather than ever sending him out to coast on the idea of "Yeah I'm that guy that'll say anything, I have a crazy past, watch out!" 

Last night was one of those nights where it felt like - between the two of them - Rollins is that audience's guy, as much as we hilariously bemoan all the various crappy artefacts of his presentation on here. 

Edited by The Gaffer