The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

This is why I love this place. 

The YouTube video of it is full of comments about how it's "the greatest 5 minutes 28 seconds in WWE history" etc. This place realises it's utter bobbins. 

People obviously love it, but as far as I can see a bunch of jobbers have just murdered the production crew amidst a load of inexplicable production, which will somehow lead to the company booking them in wrestling matches. 

I'm not even sure if it is the "spooky" nonsense that is the problem, or on this occasion the over producing of it. If they had been filmed attacking a group of randoms backstage without the over produced lighting smoke and proverbial mirrors then I think if anything it would have come across as more unsettling. This is what worked worked for the original Wyatt family in NXT and Gacy was going a good job with a cult type gimmick as well.

The mistake they seem to make is to think that people NEED so see all this supernatural stuff to believe they are unhinged and mysterious, when if anything it can work better if it is more grounded in reality.

I know this is a very odd example for a wrestling forum but it is something that the TV show Luther used to do extremely well, something always felt quite supernatural but it never was and was never shown to be, it was just dark, brooding, mysterious and played into the psyche of the antagonist.

On the other side of things it was def a talking point for my 11 year old twin girls. They understand wrestling, but they were a little bit concerned about the mass murder scene they were suddenly presented with, and seeing Gable seemingly bludgeoned too death straight after cheering for Jey Uso.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Statto said:

People obviously love it, but as far as I can see a bunch of jobbers have just murdered the production crew amidst a load of inexplicable production, which will somehow lead to the company booking them in wrestling matches. 

"Some monsters and ghosts murdered the production crew, how can we possibly stop them? By pinning them in a wrestling match for the 1-2-3!"

• Paid Members

Triple H and Karrion Kross sitting backstage, wearing leather jackets, listening to, “The Best of Motörhead.” Laughing maniacally. 4D Chess complete. Final Testament no longer the shittest spookfest in town.

• Paid Members

Where did everyone go?

They killed the inexplicable amount of no-name bodyguards and just Chad Gable but everyone else wasn’t backstage? 
Did they run away? This locker room full of wrestlers ran from Bo Dallas?

Stupid. Entire thing is stupid.

7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Triple H and Karrion Kross sitting backstage, wearing leather jackets, listening to, “The Best of Motörhead.” Laughing maniacally. 4D Chess complete. Final Testament no longer the shittest spookfest in town.

I assume Triple H would have been in gorilla position so he’s dead.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Statto said:

The YouTube video of it is full of comments about how it's "the greatest 5 minutes 28 seconds in WWE history" etc. This place realises it's utter bobbins. 

Most the people on here are in their 30s and have been watching for 15 years plus while a significant majority of WWE's current fanbase are people who became fans during the modern era so their standards and how they perceive what wrestling is or should be are completely skewed from how most of us see it.

• Paid Members

If nothing else, a valuable lesson in not procrastinating. Their TV show has been getting hacked for months, nobody did anything about it beyond tut and roll their eyes, and now dozens of people are dead. Don’t avoid addressing your problems, guys. Check your firewall and virus protection is updated. Could result in actual murder.

All that money and a regime change and the production was still that fucking poor? The idea is bollocks anyway but they could have at least tried to make it look better than something put on by school kids.

I can only imagine how much Papa H's phone has been pinging since Raw, with talent across both shows showering him with reasons why they actually, probably, definitely don't need to work with The Shite Six.

• Paid Members

not for me, lads.

At some point, the bell has to ring and they have to wrestle. That was always the weakness in Bray Wyatt's later gimmicks - they can get as lore-heavy and spooky as you like, but how does it translate to a wrestling match? How does all this stuff interact with other wrestlers on the show? How does this spooky cult of (presumably magic) murderers exist in the same world as Bron Breakker wanting a shot at the Intercontinental Title? Bray Wyatt's last run tried to deal with it by inventing Uncle Howdy so that he could basically feud with himself and nobody else had to get dragged down into the muck with him. I don't see that happening here.

People will eat it up, because a lot of people love this stuff, and because criticisms will be taken in bad faith as disrespectful to the memory of Bray Wyatt. But it's shit. I don't understand their obsession with Nikki Cross, one of the most likeable pure babyfaces going, having to be a gimmicked up spooky crazy lady. 

Just now, d-d-d-dAz said:

I can only imagine how much Papa H's phone has been pinging since Raw, with talent across both shows showering him with reasons why they actually, probably, definitely don't need to work with The Shite Six.

Shyatt Six

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

If you gave an infinite amount of Triple Hs an infinite amount of typewriters, every single, last one of them would script Nikki Kross to be crazy or spooky.

Edited by Supremo