The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I honestly wasn't that bothered about Drew leaving until recently. It did feel like he'd done it all and while he was still part of some decent matches, I didn't feel that invested in him.

I think the new direction has been really enjoyable though. It feels logical and he's definitely a lot more interesting to watch at the moment.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I thought it was a really good promo, 

Likewise, I thought it was great.  And I generally hate Raw-opening promos.

55 minutes ago, Supremo said:

A brilliant, Bret-style, justified heel.

And this is why I like him so much at the moment.  Everything he is saying is true, he's entirely justified in his complaints, and he's been betrayed by the happy-go-lucky faces on the brand.

Just to emphasise this, in the match with Zayn the commentary, and even the ref, was acting all disgusted because he went after Sammy's injured knee to win the match.  It's a fucking wrestling match, the whole POINT is to hurt your opponent until they can't answer a 3-count.  He was just doing his job.  Why is he the bad guy?

I hope they stop where they are rather than use this as a stepping stone to a full evil heel character. This is so much more interesting.

Edit: also, where's this Shinsuke been all these WWE years?  What a fantastic character.

Edited by Loki

12 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I was absolutely certain last night was going to be the cash in, after that match with jay it would have been perfect. Seth holds it for longer unfortunately 

At the risk of sounding like Fantasy Booking, which is always shit, I reckon Priest cashes in at the Royal Rumble.

- Rumble Match opens the night with Drew winning. 
- Rollins retains against whoever (Balor perhaps?) and is all “OK, so that’s me v Drew at Mania”. 
- Priest cashes in so you’ve got Priest v Drew instead, and you can do Punk v Rollins at Wrestlemania because that’s what people decided was happening as soon as Punk got fired from AEW

I’m not saying it’s perfect, but it’s what I reckon we’ll end up with

Edited by WyattSheepMask

3 hours ago, Loki said:

Edit: also, where's this Shinsuke been all these WWE years?  What a fantastic character.

Oh yeah, I totally agree with this. If Raw was a 2-hour show (and hopefully it will be, once the new TV deal has been agreed), it would be a cracking watch each week. There's a lot of good stuff throughout all 3 hours, but it's still hard to finish a show without running it on fast-forward. I just don't have the time. 

14 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

At the risk of sounding like Fantasy Booking, which is always shit, I reckon Priest cashes in at the Royal Rumble.

- Rumble Match opens the night with Drew winning. 
- Rollins retains against whoever (Balor perhaps?) and is all “OK, so that’s me v Drew at Mania”. 
- Priest cashes in so you’ve got Priest v Drew instead, and you can do Punk v Rollins at Wrestlemania because that’s what people decided was happening as soon as Punk got fired from AEW

I’m not saying it’s perfect, but it’s what I reckon we’ll end up with

I know you can get away with it now as there are two world title's again, but christ, that as a Mania 40 title match is up there with the Swagger/Del Rio's of the world.

22 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I know you can get away with it now as there are two world title's again, but christ, that as a Mania 40 title match is up there with the Swagger/Del Rio's of the world.

As I said, it’s purely what I think we’ll get, not necessarily what we will. 

And even if that match does happen, give the people a reason to get invested in it and a reason to watch it and it’ll be fine, it’s a long time between now and April. Both guys are more than capable of putting on something worth watching, much more than those two shitarses at 29.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I genuinely can't think of a world where there would be many people invested in a Priest/Drew World Title feud/match with all the other potential options they could have, maybe it's just me though.

I would still like to see Gunther win the Rumble and take the title of a knackered Seth at Mania in fairly quick time, but I imagine we'll get Rollins/Punk now unless they hotshot that to the Rumble.

41 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I suspect we'll get Priest vs. Balor at Wrestlemania. I can't personally see Damien Priest winning the World title. He's decent, but for me, he's missing something; whatever that 'something' is. I just can't envision him holding a world title - even a secondary one. 

I think he could get there. I don't feel like they've particularly pushed him up a notch since he's had the briefcase at all. I assumed it'd be the start of some kind of push for him but he doesn't feel any further than he was before really.

And I like the guy. I think he's a lot better now than he was pre-WWE for sure (seeing as I forgot I even saw him live a couple of times) and he's one of the better NXT-to-main Roster transitions.

I think it's just that there are so many guys that you'd put in his spot before him at the moment.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I don't feel like they've particularly pushed him up a notch since he's had the briefcase at all. I assumed it'd be the start of some kind of push for him but he doesn't feel any further than he was before really.

Sandow Syndrome.

I think Priest vs Balor is a go for definite. And depending when their contracts are up, if both are still around I think Sheamus vs McIntyre (ooo, IWW flashback) in a "meatheads hit each other hard" match would be gangbangers.

Reigns vs Cody
Punk vs Rollins
Gunther vs Cena
Kev vs Orton
Bayley/Becky/Charlotte vs Damage CTRL
McIntyre vs Sheamus
Rhea vs Dom
Priest vs Balor
Logan Paul vs LA Knight
Zayn/Uso vs Solo/Uso
something for Rey to do

That will do me.

I must be in the minority as well then who finds Drew's character completely unconvincing. As long as he's sticking around I'd still rather he done it - because it's more interesting than what he was doing before - but there's just something lacking in those performances which - like the Mean Girls comment touched on from earlier - seem to have this weird blend of venom and a sort of catty streak to them like he's been watching Pete Burns Celebrity Big Brother diary room tapes for inspiration. 

There's nothing wrong with either style, but it just seems to come off like he's searching for a proper way forward with it still. It's that classic wrestling thing that you've either got to be really, really good or what you're saying has to come from a genuine part of you. And I feel like betting that genuine Drew doesn't really care that much. He's happy taking the money and playing a one dimensional fan favourite Scotsman, tweeting about American sports with Sheamus on his off days. 

For now. Sometimes this crowd just keep pushing something until you can't tell if it's actually clicked or if you've just given into it. I'll probably be all over him in four months when he comes out with a clipboard petition trying to get fans to sign to end his mistreatment. If the promo fails, saddle up with gimmicks! 

22 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

And I feel like betting that genuine Drew doesn't really care that much. He's happy taking the money and playing a one dimensional fan favourite Scotsman, tweeting about American sports with Sheamus on his off days. 

I definitely get this, but I think I can buy in to the fact that he's just had enough. That he's been the happy go lucky guy. He's worked hard. He's been all for the fans. And for what? I think that angle works for me. I suppose with a lot of them there's that element of having to detach the real person you see on social media etc from the one on screen.

It is definitely a work in progress though.