The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

"What about me? I returned after a decade to headline Mania and The fucking Rock came back again."

God, he’s going to be unbearable inside his own head if it comes true. They’d do well to harness that venom towards The Rock (who the core audience still loves) and turn Punk heel before any program starts with Cody, if Cody was to be chasing the belt again after Mania it’s better to maintain as full support for him as possible rather than split the crowd and have a bigger portion of them watching him in a spot they wished for Punk.

9 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

it'd be better than a pair of mopey twats moaning that they didn't main event Wrestlemania.

Eh. John Cena did a whole three month storyline in 2018 whining like a petulant child, trying to backdoor his way into the title scene for Mania then desperately crying for the attention of The Undertaker. I’m sure Cody and Punk would make their woes palatable. The crowds are on their sides for now after all.

Can I add another line to my Cody grievance and then I’ll leave it? If he isn’t going back for Roman at Mania then it’ll mean not avenging the Bloodline costing him the tag belts which with the benefit of hindsight will become a pointless occurrence.

Edited by air_raid

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Can I add another line to my Cody grievance and then I’ll leave it? If he isn’t going back for Roman at Mania then it’ll mean not avenging the Bloodline costing him the tag belts which with the benefit of hindsight will become a pointless occurrence.

Jey will do that for him when he faces Jimmy, in a match that nobody wants.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Chili said:

I can't hear Timotei without hearing Rik Mayall saying it at The Lamb & Flag.

It's his pronunciation that always gets me. Tim-oh-tay-ee.

• Paid Members

There was a rumour in our town that a lad tried to stick his dick in a Timotei bottle in the early 90's. This lead to 'Pooly is a Tim' being graffiti'd all over the place. There were atleast 15 tags that I'd seen personally and apparently a lot more. 

Anyways, back to Raw. 

I don't mind Cody's journey being extended, if they tell the story well. If Cody has one more obstacle to overcome at Wrestlemania, before vowing to go after Roman - I think it could work. They need to make sure his opponent is a big deal though; perhaps Cody/Cena, or Cody/Punk. 

I'm invested in Cody's journey and I want to see him win the belt by beating Roman, but I'm pretty certain that will end up happening. So I'm fine with having to wait a bit longer, I don't subscribe to the idea that it's Wrestlemania or bust. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Jey will do that for him when he faces Jimmy, in a match that nobody wants.

Still think in the spirit of people that deserve a storyline-driven match at Mania and/or are getting the push, it will end up Jey & Sami vs Jimmy & Solo. Possibly for the tag title.

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

Why not? It worked for Edge and Booker T.

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I genuinely despair. 

Was that a McBain moment?

55 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I don't mind Cody's journey being extended, if they tell the story well. If Cody has one more obstacle to overcome at Wrestlemania, before vowing to go after Roman - I think it could work. They need to make sure his opponent is a big deal though; perhaps Cody/Cena, or Cody/Punk. 

Times gone by, if Roman vs Rock happens at Mania, with Reigns vs Cody to come, then Cody vs Punk would make sense to me as a marquee match for the two guys to do on the road in the months between Mania and SummerSlam. But that's my 90s brain thinking.

Keeping Cody twiddling his thumbs that long in 2024 would drive me insane. They did a wonderful job keeping him occupied with his series with Lesnar, tag title distraction and issue with Judgment Day, but imagine if they had to think of things for him to do for another 5 months? Even another best of three (with Punk) which would yield interesting matches and that Cody would end up winning, which is the best result in terms of interest, still has you going into SummerSlam with the new big hero having already lost big matches to Lesnar AND Punk. If you don't put a loss on him inbetween on a PLE... who's he beating? If they have a draft there are plenty of interesting matches he could still have across the roster (and win) with Owens, Styles, Orton, Sami, one last run with Rollins.... but that's a further sacrifice they needn't make for the sake of delaying pulling the trigger. And while the decision of "Can't have Cody lose if he's dethroning Roman at SummerSlam" there's always a risk of Super Cody syndrome.... like what happened to Reigns when he was being made to wait too long to win the belt from Lesnar, and other stars had to suffer. Daniel Bryan, returned from injury Balor or Rollins, Joe and Strowman all could have had their moments but they refused to deviate from "Reigns wins the title from Lesnar" while simultaneously waiting fucking forever to do it. I worry they'll do that to Cody.

Unless they plan to turn him heel.

It'd be a real shame for them to let Cody down. They brought him in as is. They gave him a chance to get over with their audience which wasn't always guaranteed - a lot of them just don't give a shit about AEW or any association with it. But he came in, delivered some damn good proper babyface work and actually got really fucking over. He's absolutely the guy you want to be the face of the company in 2024. He's perfect for it and there's no way they should piss about with whatever other shit they may be able to do. Make him the damn champ this time round.

• Paid Members

The real shame, if Rock vs Roman has to happen, that there isn't time to get the belt onto Lesnar. Cody winning the big one by slaying Brock again would be very acceptable to me.

29 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The real shame, if Rock vs Roman has to happen, that there isn't time to get the belt onto Lesnar. Cody winning the big one by slaying Brock again would be very acceptable to me.

If history is anything to go by, there's always time to get the belt on Lesnar.