The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

3 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

What I don't understand with the Jey Uso storyline is that he quit WWE a few weeks ago, and had his profile moved to the alumni section.

Why are Smackdown getting someone in trade for him?!

Maybe it's like if a boxer chooses to retire and their contract is put on ice, but should they decide to come back their pre-existing contract still stands. To stop people 'retiring' to get out of contracts they're not happy with.

So he quit, they respected that but when he came back they went 'well, fuck you we've got a contract' and a compromise was negotiated.

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

is there anything more WWE then to get Chad Gable to fly his family in ringside just so they can film his kids bawling their eyes out when he lost?

I dunno, they appear to be using this as a pivot to letting him be more serious and passionate which is great if they see it through.

He's been a comic character for so long, if a little bit of light on what losing means to his family is what allows him to be a bit more real, i'm all for it. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I dunno, they appear to be using this as a pivot to letting him be more serious and passionate which is great if they see it through.

He's been a comic character for so long, if a little bit of light on what losing means to his family is what allows him to be a bit more real, i'm all for it. 

and they could have done that without his kids being there.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

is there anything more WWE then to get Chad Gable to fly his family in ringside just so they can film his kids bawling their eyes out when he lost?

Hmm... maybe having a SmackDown scheduled in Toronto then deciding to get Trish Stratus to do two house shows in Ontario the two nights thereafter so you can flog some tickets to the locals to come see the Ontario native wrestle at home again for the first time in many years, and booking her to still work heel to lose handicap matches to Lynch instead of letting her be the hero and win?

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

and they could have done that without his kids being there.

Nah, not as visual. If he cuts a promo saying "I'm going to get my win back because my kids are sad" he sounds like an eejit, but i've seen the kids, I know they're sad, and I know I want him to win the Intercontinental Title.

Show, don't tell. You got a sad kid story to tell? ...I'm going to need to see some crying youngsters.

Plus, of course, it's not real, it doesn't matter, they'll be fine and they got to spend some time with their old man when they otherwise wouldn't have. I think it all checks out.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Nah, not as visual. If he cuts a promo saying "I'm going to get my win back because my kids are sad" he sounds like an eejit, but i've seen the kids, I know they're sad, and I know I want him to win the Intercontinental Title.

Show, don't tell. You got a sad kid story to tell? ...I'm going to need to see some crying youngsters.

Plus, of course, it's not real, it doesn't matter, they'll be fine and they got to spend some time with their old man when they otherwise wouldn't have. I think it all checks out.

Hey, if you think using your kids as an emotional vehicle for a TV show is A OK, thats cool, I just think it's a pretty deplorable thing like when they did that to Foley's kids at the Rumble. 

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Hey, if you think using your kids as an emotional vehicle for a TV show is A OK, thats cool, I just think it's a pretty deplorable thing like when they did that to Foley's kids at the Rumble. 

I think it's up to the parents, and if Gable's cool i'm cool. Nowt to do with me.

• Paid Members
Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

I just think it's a pretty deplorable thing like when they did that to Foley's kids at the Rumble. 

For that you have only him to blame. If ever there was a match to tell Collette to leave them at home, this was it.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Hey, if you think using your kids as an emotional vehicle for a TV show is A OK, that's cool, I just think it's a pretty deplorable thing like when they did that to Foley's kids at the Rumble. 

Worth noting - WWE didn't do that, they deemed it too upsetting so didn't cut to them. The footage you've seen is from Beyond The Mat. 

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

Ok I haven't watched that Foley match in years so could be well off, but did WWE production actually focus on his family? 

I thought that was exclusively a Beyond the Mat, thing. 

Whether you cared for it or not, this is a great bit of work and I love that they're using that moment as the fuel to make him more serious. He deserves a chance to not just be a comic character. It's pretty exciting that he and Jey Uso are getting runs on Raw under their own steam... i'm interested to see where they go with it.