SaitoRyo Posted Monday at 07:41 AM Posted Monday at 07:41 AM Inside Moves Released in 1980, but very much early-to-mid 70s New Hollywood in spirit. It's about a man who is left partially disabled after a failed suicide attempt and becomes friends with the characters a local dive bar (sort of like Cheers but without as many one-liners). It's a really good character study with an excellent central performance by John Savage. Bit of a weird career move from Richard Donner, coming off the back of The Omen and Superman, but I'm glad he made it as it's something of a hidden gem. Call Me Late-80s indie thriller about a reporter who is harrassed by a stranger over the phone after she witnesses a murder in a bar bathroom. Decent enough premise, not good in execution. Wasn't really feeling this one, despite it having a tone and aesthetic I generally go for, as well as some reliable faces in the cast (such as Steve Buscemi). Didn't help that the main character was an absolute idiot. Over Your Dead Body A bickering married couple (Jason Segel and Samara Weaving) go away for a weekend together in a secluded country house, unaware that they both want to kill each other. Things get very complicated - and very violent - as their trip unfolds in very unexpected ways. I thought this was a very fun Friday night film, to be honest. It wasn't the film I thought it was going to be, but I found it pretty funny and entertaining with good performances by all involved. Glad I gave it a go. Near Dark I've always loved this and fancied a re-watch as it had been a while. It's just fucking great and feels completely tailored to my tastes. Great mood, killer score, all-time Bill Paxton performance. I will watch it again (and again). Blood Simple Another one like Near Dark, in that I have always loved it and opted for an overdue re-watch. Again, I just love everything about it and will definitely be watching it again down the road. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted Monday at 09:13 AM Paid Members Posted Monday at 09:13 AM On 10/2/2026 at 7:57 PM, Devon Malcolm said: Faces of Death Barbarian and Haku's NWA:TNA tag team. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted Monday at 01:50 PM Paid Members Posted Monday at 01:50 PM 4 hours ago, tiger_rick said: Barbarian and Haku's NWA:TNA tag team. And much scarier than that shit film. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted Tuesday at 07:52 AM Posted Tuesday at 07:52 AM Resident Evil As vaccuous and empty as a Resident Evil film should be and just none stop gore, laughs and surprisingly an anxiety I reserve for playing the games. As solid a 3 star film as you’ll find. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted Tuesday at 09:31 AM Posted Tuesday at 09:31 AM Next of Kin Vigilante action thriller starring Patrick Swayze as a cop seeking to bring his brother's killer to justice. But it's not that straightforward, as they were both from the hills of Kentucky but living in Chicago. When their older brother back home (Liam Neeson) finds out about the murder, he heads to the big city to sort things out country-style. I will not apologise for enjoying this film. I do not think it is genuinely good, but it is perfectly acceptable and I had a great time with it. I mean, it's hillbillies versus the Italian mob, you know? Fun premise with lots of action. Feels very late-80s, in a good way. Loaded cast, too, as Ted Levine, Bill Paxton, Helen Hunt, baby Ben Stiller and more also feature. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted Tuesday at 07:11 PM Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 07:11 PM Digger I absolutely loved it. Best seen knowing as little as possible. I cannot imagine it being anything other than one of the all-time bombs against box office, but that's more down to an insane budget, and then becoming a cult classic once it's reappraised. In that I don't mean a so bad it's good cult film, as it's good but it will have to wash off the commercial flop stench and find its people. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted 12 hours ago Paid Members Posted 12 hours ago (edited) The Prestige Twenty years on and its still my favourite Nolan film. The Fan Saw this spoken about a lot on here back in the summer. Really enjoyed this. Top performances from De Niro and Snipes. This was back during the heatwave here and I was wishing I was in that big downpour. Toy Story 5 We didn't need a fifth film. It was always going to be good fun though. I hope they end it after a sixth though. Let the toys rest. To Live and Die in L.A Fun film with a great car chase. Tag My wife told me this film was shit. I loved it. Very funny. And after a recent watch of The Office and despising Andy, it was nice to enjoy Ed Helms again. Avengement Geezer film about a man who holds his brother and his gang hostage to get revenge. Enjoyable, leave your brain at the door stuff. Horrendous dialogue, some absolutely far fetched stuff. Main character played by Scott Adkins is repeatedly attacked in prison. The governor didn't think to investigate or put him in to solitary? Thomas Turgoose was funny, Craig Fairbrass played his usual self, Kierston Wareing played the same character she always does and got the worst dialogue of the lot. Also stars professional film hard man Leo Gregory, Nick Moran and a guy who looks like a Temu Adam Cole. Heel (also called Good Boy on some platforms) Stephen Graham and his wife kidnap a 19 year old yob to try and rehabilitate him. Weird film, a worse version of the Inside No 9 episode To Have and to Hold. Joy Ride (or Road Kill) Paul Walker and Steve Zahn are two brothers on a road trip to pick up Leelee Sobieski. They use a CB radio to prank a truck driver. It's fine. Needed more LeeLee Sobieski. The Devil's Mouth Shark film in an underwater cave. I fell asleep. Wife liked it as she loves shark films. The Last House Fucking shit. Lakeview Terrace Samuel L Jackson plays a racist police officer who terrorizes his new neighbours, interracial married couple Patrick Wilson and Kerry Washington. Good little thriller. The Fall Guy Stunt double Ryan Gosling breaks his back and gives up his career and girlfriend Emily Blunt. Good cast that also has Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Hannah Waddingham and Winston Duke. Really enjoyed this, great chemistry with the main characters Uglies Joey King movie that we turned off after 21 minutes. 0 stars on Letterboxd. The Simpsons Movie Me and my wife went to one of those taste movie experiences where they bring you food during scenes when the food shows up. Food was good and I forgot how funny this film is. Coyote vs Acme A wonderful film. The bit between Coyote and Roadrunner in the court was very sweet. The Muppets Christmas Carol I don't know why we watched this on October 1st. A classic however, the best Muppets movie for me. Oceans Eleven and Oceans Twelve (will get to the others) Eleven is a really good heist movie. Second film is quite bleh. Don Cheadle does a terrible cockney accent, at first I thought he was taking the piss. He sounds like Charlie Hunnam in Green Street. I hope Thirteen isn't shit. Edited 12 hours ago by TheBurningRed Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted 12 hours ago Paid Members Posted 12 hours ago 4 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: I hope Thirteen isn't shit. It isn't. It's really shit. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted 12 hours ago Paid Members Posted 12 hours ago Just now, Devon Malcolm said: It isn't. It's really shit. Great. Can’t wait. I’ve heard Oceans Eight is good though. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted 12 hours ago Paid Members Posted 12 hours ago 4 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: Great. Can’t wait. I’ve heard Oceans Eight is good though. I quite liked it but I haven't ever felt the need to rewatch it. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago Eye of the Tiger Vietnam vet Gary Busey is let out of prison - where he was put unjustly, obviously - only to find out his hometown is being terrorisied by a group of murderous, motorcycle-riding thugs. The town's corrupt police force aren't doing anything about it so, after they target his own family, Busey decides to take matters into his own hands. A really fun mid-80s action exploitationer. Yes it looks cheap at times and, yes, one of the dead extras blatantly binks on camera, but you expect that sort of thing, don't you? Busey is great, as is Yaphet Kotto as Busey's Vietnam buddy (and one of the only cops who hasn't been bought). Gets the job done in 90 minutes, too, which is always appreciated. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted 9 hours ago Paid Members Posted 9 hours ago As a young boy (Id say up until about 12/13) I was very confused by how many animals must have been used in the Vietnam war, as so many films had Vietnam vets in them. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.