WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

5 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Walking to CEX now to use my voucher to upgrade to Xbox Series X. Any recommendations for old Xbox or 360 games to try seeing is it’s backwards compatible?

Looks like my cleaner is getting a Series S for Christmas! (I don’t have a cleaner) 

I like Fable II on the 360.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Walking to CEX now to use my voucher to upgrade to Xbox Series X. Any recommendations for old Xbox or 360 games to try seeing is it’s backwards compatible?

Looks like my cleaner is getting a Series S for Christmas! (I don’t have a cleaner) 

Be aware that not all 360 games are backward compatible, Xbox have a checklist you can look up to find out which ones are.

Kingdom Come Update!!!!

After what felt like an age, I realised you had to actually draw your weapon to use it and not hope it automatically swung your sword for you (Oo er)

Eventually got back to me pillaged village, got rescued by the knights and then it said I’d finished the epilogue. Only the epilogue?

Started chatting to the miller’s daughter who I stopped getting raped earlier in the game and the game switched to her. Did loads of missions, got stuck, went online for a solution and realised I’ve been playing one of the DLC parts. Fucks sake!

• Paid Members

So, you know howI said I wasn't going to even try doing 750,000+ on Peggle / Peggle Nights? Well I'm annoyed because I just got this score trying to get all the Ace / 100% certificates, but! It does give me hope for the future if I do attempt it.

(And yes, "Shoot name, brother!" and all that.)

Screenshot2024-06-1223_16_05.png.12e3257a74d976f62d8d5c96b3f0fcc2.png

• Paid Members

Picked up Rain On Your Parade in my Switch. I've finished it, but there's now a new game plus mode that I'll take a look at. It's heaps of fun, there are some decent gags through the story. There's DLC available as well, but I'm going to wait a while before I give that a look. 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

Picked up Rain On Your Parade in my Switch. I've finished it, but there's now a new game plus mode that I'll take a look at. It's heaps of fun, there are some decent gags through the story. There's DLC available as well, but I'm going to wait a while before I give that a look. 

Put this on my Steam wishlist the other day, looks very funny indeed.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Put this on my Steam wishlist the other day, looks very funny indeed.

It is, and it's got great progression. Well worth a bash. Some of the levels are mini-games with a "one more go" feel to them. It doesn't take itself at all seriously, either. Almost making me want to have another crack at Part Time UFO. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Haven't got around to finding any old discs to try out yet, but first thing I did with the Xbox Series X was to fly over my house in Flight Simulator.  

Tried the Forza Motorasort for the first time which looks amazing and smooth anything with XSX. Unlike Gran Turismo there is an easy mode so I don't just crash into the wall the whole way round. 

Edited by Weezenal

15 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Haven't got around to finding any old discs to try out yet, but first thing I did with the Xbox Series X was to fly over my house in Flight Simulator

Haha! Did the very same. Well, my house, not yours

Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance (PS5) 

A little under six hours in and the quality of life improvements alone are worth the price of admission. Just being able to save anywhere is a god send.

Also enemies getting the first hit doesn't feel as punishing as before. Couldn't tell you how many times I returned to the dashboard because of that bullshit in the original.

Overall it currently feels like the game that the original should have been. 

Currently playing the new storyline, pretty decent so far.

25 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance (PS5) 

A little under six hours in and the quality of life improvements alone are worth the price of admission. Just being able to save anywhere is a god send.

Also enemies getting the first hit doesn't feel as punishing as before. Couldn't tell you how many times I returned to the dashboard because of that bullshit in the original.

Overall it currently feels like the game that the original should have been. 

Currently playing the new storyline, pretty decent so far.

I see it's on PC too! I think I'll wait until after the Elden Ring DLC before starting such a huge game.

Maybe I was just playing the OG version wrong (never finished it but came very close) but so far Vengeance feels much closer to previous games where strategy and party members are much more important than level and stats. 

Felt like I always ended up brute forcing my way through boss battles originally. Now I'm actually using strategy and demon fusion much more, managing to take down enemies and bosses that are actually a few levels above me which feels great. 

Game runs beautifully on PS5. Looks better too and it was a nice looking game already.