WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They did take a heck of a hammering on meta critic over this. I think at one point it was one of the poorest reviewed games on there. 

Rockstar have announced GTA+, a paid subscription for GTA Online. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-plus-subscription-gta-online-rockstar?amp=1

Fucking Rockstar, man. They are going to milk GTA Online until it is dust.

• Paid Members

I'm due a new GT game, seemingly dipping in evey other game having 1, 3 & 5, although I did get and loved concept on Ps2 as well.

However I'm currently playing dirt 4, which is good fun but I'm only really interested in the rally bits, the land rush and rally cross feel like dull filler and can get fucked. It's got a gentler curve than I expected too and suits me playing in short bursts. 

I've also started medieval 2 total war, I'm a sucker for a not too complex rts type game and as I still can't find red alert 2 (if anyone can help there please do) I thought I'd try it. It's fun enough but I can see it getting a bit repetitive quite quick. What's generally considered the best in the series? 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, waters44 said:

Trying to get all golds on the Gran Turismo licenses

5D242A6B-17A2-4889-872F-4594303265DC.thumb.jpeg.4450d6654ace4ca090cd2170c14df817.jpeg

corkhill.gif 

Have they patched it back so the cars have the appropriate tyres to enable you to get gold on them? 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Have they patched it back so the cars have the appropriate tyres to enable you to get gold on them? 

Yep that’s all sorted now, what a cock up that was

Fall Guys trophies will become unobtainable on 9th May, so I’m going to mainline that over the next month to get as many as I can. No way I’m going to get the five wins in a row but hopefully I can tick off some of the others

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

Fucking Rockstar, man. They are going to milk GTA Online until it is dust.

Well, yeah. At one point they said they had 50 years’ worth of ideas for it.

I mean, it’s not like they’ve phoned it in. They’ve kept it going over three console generations now. What was the alternative? Get millions of players playing an online open world game and then two years later go, “Thanks for every one who’s played, but the servers will shut down midnight next week”?

Just seems a bit hypocritical to lambast Rockstar for creating a sustaining online game. You may as well criticise World of Warcraft since it’s still around however many years after launch.

So is that the GTA equivalent of a battle pass? I can’t believe they didn’t have season passes  until now or is it in addition to a season pass? GTA online always looks a blast when I watch people role playing on it but as always I just don’t have the time or dedication to get sucked in to it.

42 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

So is that the GTA equivalent of a battle pass? I can’t believe they didn’t have season passes  until now or is it in addition to a season pass? GTA online always looks a blast when I watch people role playing on it but as always I just don’t have the time or dedication to get sucked in to it.

It’s the iceberg approach for me. I don’t play it much but of all the stuff you can do, I stick to my fake documents, counterfeit money and weed businesses, and the CEO bits. That’ll do me. 

43 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s the iceberg approach for me. I don’t play it much but of all the stuff you can do, I stick to my fake documents, counterfeit money and weed businesses, and the CEO bits. That’ll do me. 

Pretty much how I always intend to play Red Dead online but always ended up getting caught up in grief from the fine community of shit houses it has although I reckon a large chunk of that online games problems could be solved by unlimited horse stamina.

16 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Pretty much how I always intend to play Red Dead online but always ended up getting caught up in grief from the fine community of shit houses it has although I reckon a large chunk of that online games problems could be solved by unlimited horse stamina.

On a tangent, but I’d heard stories about the abuse women and girls get in online gaming. I wondered how much was exaggerated, but witnessing my partner playing RDR online with a female character really changed that. Regularly two or more other players would just kill her and hang around respawn spots and carry on. I’ve never had that and I can’t help think it’s no coincidence. 

9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

On a tangent, but I’d heard stories about the abuse women and girls get in online gaming. I wondered how much was exaggerated, but witnessing my partner playing RDR online with a female character really changed that. Regularly two or more other players would just kill her and hang around respawn spots and carry on. I’ve never had that and I can’t help think it’s no coincidence. 

Yeah, I inadvertently partook in something like this on Fortnite once when I started pick axeing someone in the pre game lobby and a bunch of other male skins joined in. Harley Quinn skin learnt her lesson that day. A small thing but undoubtedly one of thousands of things us pissers of toilet seats don’t have to even think about.

This reminds me that I was watching some YouTube video with my youngest and some lad (very annoying and loud) was doing all sorts of cool shit in GTA5 with super cars and jumping off a big platform and attempting to cross the map in one go.

"Ooooh, I've never come across that ramp in the game before, shall we look for it?"

*withering sigh* "it's an online mod Dad." (Sure she called me a noob as well)

I've never felt so old.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I've had it playing as a female character in GTA online as well. 

From what I gather the GTA+ thing is a monthly subscription like what you'd pay for an MMO. A few people I've seen commenting on a post on Facebook a out it said that the money they offer for however much they decide to ask for can be earned in a couple of hours, so it'd only really be the car. They then said it runs a risk of turning into some kind of situation like they had in Fallout 76 after it launched where people who weren't subscribing to the Fallout First monthly subscription would hunt down and grief the ones that were, and vice versa. It can already be toxic enough on there, but if you've added an extra layer to it with these premium members it could drive players away. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bethesdas-fallout-class-war-has-players-targeting-premium-subscribers

Adding a subscription service after all this time is hilarious but is the kind of thing I have come to expect from the industry.

Anyway a few hours into Tiny Tina's Wonderlands(PS5).

Enjoying it but it might just be me but combat feels pretty sluggish compared to previous games. 

Also Tina is fast approaching fuck off heat.