WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Dead Or Alive 7 hasbeen cancelled, and the team that used to work on the Dead Or Alive games has been disbanded. It could probably do with a bit of a rest to get itself away from its rather grubby reputation as "the one with all the waifus and costumes". It's a decent fighting game, but it had a very specific audience outside of the few people that actually enjoyed the fighting.

• Paid Members

Looks good for more recent shit. I was never all that fussed about that though and my hype was for being able to play stuff I've been locked out of playing on Sony hardware for generations. On that front, it looks piss weak so far. All those PS2 "classics" have been available to purchase already for ages (might have been delisted since the PS+ change was announced) and they haven't even included some of the actually appealing ones they had there like The Warriors and Red Dead Revolver. PS1 and PS3 selections look crap too.

I get that there's more to come but I'm not impressed so far.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

Had some voucher codes through work that were due to expire. Ended up using them to order Sifu: Vengeance Edition on PS5. I've kind of been on the fence about this game despite its critical acclaim as I am not sure I am ready to play another ultra hard game. The recent introduction of an easier (but apparently still quite difficult) mode has swung me. It arrives tomorrow so hopefully get the chance to fire it up in the coming days.

Been having a fairly stressful time again recently so have jumped back into Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga and I am enjoying the sheer mindless fun of the gameplay. Honestly its just what I need right now if I only have time for a short go of something of an evening. 

• Paid Members

I can't remember who was talking about it, but pre-orders for that King Of Fighters History book through Bitmap Books are open now: https://www.bitmapbooks.com/collections/all/products/the-king-of-fighters-the-ultimate-history?aff=92

Just now, neil is brill said:

The PS3 servers won't be switched back on. I believe it's the PS5 remake of the game that is included in the new PS+

It's both versions that are included for some reason, the PS3 version through streaming so maybe for PC/PS4 users. I tried PSNow through the PC app a while back and it was awful, some of the worst input lag I've had from a cloud service.

4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's both versions that are included for some reason, the PS3 version through streaming so maybe for PC/PS4 users. I tried PSNow through the PC app a while back and it was awful, some of the worst input lag I've had from a cloud service.

My bad for not reading the whole thing, in that case, yeah they probably should open the servers up again. I never tried PSNow but I've heard that streamed games were fairly laggy.

Edited by neil is brill
I can't spell.

• Paid Members

In news that will surprise absolutely nobody Take 2 have started talking about what a marvellous brand FIFA is and how much clout it has. FIFA 2K,anybody?

https://www.eurogamer.net/take-two-praises-fifa-brand-following-ea-split