All New Song of the Day (no Levellers)

gmoney

• Paid Members

The KLF - Justified & Ancient

I've gone down a bit of a KLF-shaped rabbit-hole recently; I didn't realise just how fucking insane they were, and it makes for super-duper fun reading, both from outside commentators and from themselves. Some delightful person has done their best to compile the Info Sheets they released, which is ace:

https://klf.fandom.com/wiki/Information_sheets

On 4/21/2021 at 12:42 PM, Carbomb said:

The KLF - Justified & Ancient

I've gone down a bit of a KLF-shaped rabbit-hole recently; I didn't realise just how fucking insane they were, and it makes for super-duper fun reading, both from outside commentators and from themselves. Some delightful person has done their best to compile the Info Sheets they released, which is ace:

https://klf.fandom.com/wiki/Information_sheets

Have you read the book about them by John Higgs? It's a must read and much, much more than simply a biography.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Have you read the book about them by John Higgs? It's a must read and much, much more than simply a biography.

No, but it's on my list. Basically, I'm up for a KLF binge at the moment, as I read that they've also released a couple of books as well as the Info Sheets, so I'm going to try to consume everything I can find.

36 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

No, but it's on my list. Basically, I'm up for a KLF binge at the moment, as I read that they've also released a couple of books as well as the Info Sheets, so I'm going to try to consume everything I can find.

And now the "director's cut" of The White Room is coming tomorrow, on the 23rd of course.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Merzbow said:

And now the "director's cut" of The White Room is coming tomorrow, on the 23rd of course.

Oh, wow! For me that's crazy, that I start diving into KLF stuff just before they release a film project that took them so long to make. A coincidence worthy of the whole Illuminatus! aesthetic.

17 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't know what the fuck that was but it was pretty amazing.

It was all over MTV in the late 80s! The say they followed “The Manual” that the KLF wrote instructing you how to have a number one hit!