Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted April 17, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 17, 2021 I always thought him and Richard Branson were best buds. From what I'm reading, they really weren't. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 20, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 20, 2021 Black Box - Ride On Time Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 21, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 21, 2021 The KLF - Justified & Ancient I've gone down a bit of a KLF-shaped rabbit-hole recently; I didn't realise just how fucking insane they were, and it makes for super-duper fun reading, both from outside commentators and from themselves. Some delightful person has done their best to compile the Info Sheets they released, which is ace: https://klf.fandom.com/wiki/Information_sheets Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 22, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 22, 2021 The Shanghai Restoration Project - Bubbling Well Road Quote
Merzbow Posted April 22, 2021 Posted April 22, 2021 On 4/21/2021 at 12:42 PM, Carbomb said: The KLF - Justified & Ancient I've gone down a bit of a KLF-shaped rabbit-hole recently; I didn't realise just how fucking insane they were, and it makes for super-duper fun reading, both from outside commentators and from themselves. Some delightful person has done their best to compile the Info Sheets they released, which is ace: https://klf.fandom.com/wiki/Information_sheets Have you read the book about them by John Higgs? It's a must read and much, much more than simply a biography. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted April 22, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted April 22, 2021 The best song ever recorded to mention Mork and Mindy, Vince Hilaire and Jimmy Corkhill’s big brother. Probably posted it before but the search function is shit. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 22, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 22, 2021 1 hour ago, Merzbow said: Have you read the book about them by John Higgs? It's a must read and much, much more than simply a biography. No, but it's on my list. Basically, I'm up for a KLF binge at the moment, as I read that they've also released a couple of books as well as the Info Sheets, so I'm going to try to consume everything I can find. Quote
Merzbow Posted April 22, 2021 Posted April 22, 2021 36 minutes ago, Carbomb said: No, but it's on my list. Basically, I'm up for a KLF binge at the moment, as I read that they've also released a couple of books as well as the Info Sheets, so I'm going to try to consume everything I can find. And now the "director's cut" of The White Room is coming tomorrow, on the 23rd of course. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted April 23, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 23, 2021 13 hours ago, Merzbow said: And now the "director's cut" of The White Room is coming tomorrow, on the 23rd of course. Oh, wow! For me that's crazy, that I start diving into KLF stuff just before they release a film project that took them so long to make. A coincidence worthy of the whole Illuminatus! aesthetic. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted April 23, 2021 Posted April 23, 2021 All the KLF chat means this is my song of the day Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted April 23, 2021 Moderators Posted April 23, 2021 I don't know what the fuck that was but it was pretty amazing. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted April 23, 2021 Posted April 23, 2021 17 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: I don't know what the fuck that was but it was pretty amazing. It was all over MTV in the late 80s! The say they followed “The Manual” that the KLF wrote instructing you how to have a number one hit! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.