All New Song of the Day (no Levellers)

gmoney

53 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

A track that took me nearly thirty years to track down - I first heard it in 1990 at Spike Island when the Stone Roses came onto the stage to it. Found some footage on YouTube last year and worked it out through the wonders of modern technology. 

• Moderators

I first heard it on the track small time hustler by the dis masters that sampled it (as featured in the film Uncle Buck). I always thought the break sampled was from Lionel richie you are my destiny and the horns came from another sample. I just heard this and found out today that this is the original and the Lionel track also samples it.

22 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I first heard it on the track small time hustler by the dis masters that sampled it (as featured in the film Uncle Buck). I always thought the break sampled was from Lionel richie you are my destiny and the horns came from another sample. I just heard this and found out today that this is the original and the Lionel track also samples it.

A healthy reminder that My Destiny is one of the most joyous songs ever.

Edited by SuperBacon