ThumpSquids Posted June 2, 2021 Posted June 2, 2021 Apologies if this one's been added already, but I've only just discovered these wonderful bastards. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted June 9, 2021 Posted June 9, 2021 I think it was compulsory to fancy Toni if you were an early nineties indie kid. I’m Quote
CavemanLynn Posted June 9, 2021 Posted June 9, 2021 (edited) 47 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: I think it was compulsory to fancy Toni if you were an early nineties indie kid. I’m Never was, but happy to be an honorary member, based on this criteria. Edit - Also wanted to note that I fucking love the aesthetic of these 90s/2000s music videos. No doubt a healthy amount of nostalgia in there for recording off German MTV via a hooky decoder, but the grainy VHS filter, excess tint and soft focus, early digital inserts, and projection telly distortion are glorious. Edited June 9, 2021 by CavemanLynn Quote
Keith Houchen Posted June 9, 2021 Posted June 9, 2021 I’m pretty obsessed with the music channel Spotlight TV. It plays Irish and Scotch country songs. The video production is brilliant and they all seem to be directed by the same people. This one was new to me and it has all the boxes ticked. An auld fella singing about his dead mammy, he puts a flower on her grave, sits in a church, family pop round and he reminisces about what his mammy taught him. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 9, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted June 9, 2021 That's got many parallels with 'Papa Can You Hear Me?' by N-Dubz Quote
King Coconut Posted June 10, 2021 Posted June 10, 2021 The Clash do a great take on the Beats International classic. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.