Jump to content

All New Song of the Day (no Levellers)


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I’ve only recently got into Ashley McBryde (threads locked, losers) she really paints pictures with her words. No more so that with this belter. Brenda Put Your Bra On. 

Edited by Keith Houchen
  • Paid Members
Posted

I used to listen to local radio station Invicta FM (RIP) when I was younger. They had a DJ, Scott something I think it was. Anyway, he used to play this house track called “Happy Days” by PJ. I went to Woolworths every weekend for about 2 months but could never find it, and I never managed to tape it off the radio so I kind of forgot about it for a long time. Of course, the internet never forgets, so it’s now up on YouTube, along with a bunch of remixes. The other day I was moved to look at it on discogs, and it revealed that it sampled a song of the same name by North End - Arthur Baker’s early solo career pseudonym.

Anyway, long story short, the B-side of the North End version is called “Tees Happy”, which is a mostly instrumental remix of the original, and it’s got this great smooth disco vibe that I can’t stop listening to:

 

Posted

Chorus makes my heart burst. It's those warm strings and the whole kitchen sink drama of it all. Marc Almond's a lovely bloke. I wish he didn't distance himself from being ordained into the Church of Satan. Satanism needs its resident English synthpop sensitive type, surely. Mostly because I find it sort of funny. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
29 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Chorus makes my heart burst. It's those warm strings and the whole kitchen sink drama of it all. Marc Almond's a lovely bloke. I wish he didn't distance himself from being ordained into the Church of Satan. Satanism needs its resident English synthpop sensitive type, surely. Mostly because I find it sort of funny. 

 

My ex was a next level Marc Almond fan, I pretty much lived the life of a die hard Marc Almond fan for a few years and saw him live tons of times etc. The best was seeing him do a warm up in a tiny bar before a massive greatest hits tour, he did the full greatest hits set and had the video screen and stuff but I think there were less than 50 people there, it was incredible. I always liked Soft Cell but became a pretty big Marc fan in general after all that... the downside is she left me and now I've never been able to listen to him since!

Posted
12 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

the downside is she left me and now I've never been able to listen to him since!

When my marriage broke down I only had to ditch Roxette. It was well worth it.

Posted
11 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Chorus makes my heart burst. It's those warm strings and the whole kitchen sink drama of it all. Marc Almond's a lovely bloke. I wish he didn't distance himself from being ordained into the Church of Satan. Satanism needs its resident English synthpop sensitive type, surely. Mostly because I find it sort of funny. 

 

It's an absolutely beautiful record. The 12" version with the big long oboe bit at the start is gorgeous. I love, love, love this record.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...