Comedy and offense

Chris B

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Ladbaby almost makes me not want to eat sausage rolls. 

Almost. 

And why do bakeries insist on asking if i want it hot? No. I want it cold, Cheers.

If you like cold sausage rolls, Greggs is the place for you. Unless you are there when they come out the oven you ain’t having one hot or even lukewarm 

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

If you like cold sausage rolls, Greggs is the place for you. Unless you are there when they come out the oven you ain’t having one hot or even lukewarm 

Love them cold. More flavour that way, and you can shove sauce. 

This might be my Malbranque apple type moment but I used to work opposite the nicest old guy. He was near retirement and was just super cool with everyone. Unfortunately for me he would eat cold sausage rolls everyday and chew with his mouth massively open. I would be staring at churned up sausage and pastry across the desk every lunch time.

I learned to deal with it but have not eaten a sausage roll in 5 years. Still can't. I'm scarred for life.

In any case though fuck ladbaby.

I'm sure it does matter less than it did, with the shift to digital distribution that you can't really fill a stocking with, and perhaps the wider range of entertainment available. But we're not judging it from the same perspective we used to, either. I'm not so sure our parents found it terribly relevant that Mr Blobby was Christmas number one.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

I'm sure it does matter less than it did, with the shift to digital distribution that you can't really fill a stocking with, and perhaps the wider range of entertainment available. But we're not judging it from the same perspective we used to, either. I'm not so sure our parents found it terribly relevant that Mr Blobby was Christmas number one.

They knew who Mr Blobby was, though. 

I'm not saying it's a terrible thing that it's this way - I just find it interesting that someone can hold a record for Christmas Number Ones and a significant number of people have literally no idea who they are.

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Hang on, into which end was this camera going? Was he referring to his rectum as Aretha Franklin because they're both brown stars, or did the writer miss the gag that he was referring to his "Urethra Franklin"?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another one not strictly for this thread, but the Welsh Rugby Union have removed “Delilah” from their stadium and choir playlist because it’s a song about a jealous man murdering his lover.   I’m sure everyone attending the games will go along with this and not sing it even more. 

The comedy element comes from a reply to Mark Lamaar when he couldn’t see the point as murder ballads are a rich part of musical history, he cited Bohemian Rhapsody as the most famous example, while rightly saying he wouldn’t care if BR was banned not only from sports but from life. Anyway, someone replied to him saying how they should maybe adopt a more suitable Tom Jones song, and went for The Green Green Grass Of Home!!

It’s “The Beautiful South Effect” isn’t it? Everyone knows the words but don’t pay attention to the words. I’m doing my daily self punishment by watching Politics Live and they’re all saying they had no idea Delilah was about a woman getting killed. Some GB News cretin on the panel was read the line “I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more” and said well I suppose you could interpret that as him killing the woman. Fascinating critique. 

27 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Another one not strictly for this thread, but the Welsh Rugby Union have removed “Delilah” from their stadium and choir playlist because it’s a song about a jealous man murdering his lover.   I’m sure everyone attending the games will go along with this and not sing it even more. 

The comedy element comes from a reply to Mark Lamaar when he couldn’t see the point as murder ballads are a rich part of musical history, he cited Bohemian Rhapsody as the most famous example, while rightly saying he wouldn’t care if BR was banned not only from sports but from life. Anyway, someone replied to him saying how they should maybe adopt a more suitable Tom Jones song, and went for The Green Green Grass Of Home!!

It’s “The Beautiful South Effect” isn’t it? Everyone knows the words but don’t pay attention to the words. I’m doing my daily self punishment by watching Politics Live and they’re all saying they had no idea Delilah was about a woman getting killed. Some GB News cretin on the panel was read the line “I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more” and said well I suppose you could interpret that as him killing the woman. Fascinating critique. 

42gP5qM.png

Seriously though, what did they think it was about?