UFC 249: Ferguson vs Gaethje - May 9 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

Edit: Before anyone brings it up, Helwani's man-crush on McGregor is also irritating. 

Yep. That’s probably the main reason I’ve soured on him. I initially became a fan of Ariel’s just because of the great content he put out. And he still puts out some good stuff. I also think a lot of fans warmed to him when Dana was being a prick and banned him from events for a bit as well. He got a lot of sympathy off the back of that. I still watch a lot of his stuff and enjoy it.

Don’t strongly dislike him or anything. But the McGregor arselicking is a bit embarrassing and I never liked how he’d always tend to make interviews with fighters about himself. An interviewer worth their salt will know when it’s time to shut the fuck up and just let the interviewee speak, not try to shift the focus onto themselves. There’d be times when you’d click on a Helwani interview that’s say 7 minutes long, and a good 3 minutes of it would be Ariel going ‘I heard you were upset with what I said about _____. Can we squash the beef?’ Or him trying to steal the attention with those hideously gawdy trainers he used to wear. 

Brett Okamoto is where it’s at these days if you want quality interviews. He’s really great at it, asks good questions and you don’t spend more of the interview listening to his voice than the fighter. 

You've summed it up brilliantly Wand. Ariel's content is great and his weekly guest list is unmatched, however he whinges too much and constantly talks about the history he has between him and who ever he is interviewing. It gets very tiresome.

Brett is the best. I wish he had a Podcast.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah there definitely seems to be some jealousy there. I’m not even a big fan of Helwani. I always liked Luke Thomas’ stuff but Christ he has really been insufferable during this pandemic. He’s always been partial to a moan but fucking hell he’s been unbearable with it the last few weeks. Even though some of his points are fair, he’s just so incessant and condescending with it that I instantly want to go against him. I just stopped looking at his content the other day in the end. Just don’t need it in my life. 

On a more positive note, BossLogic is still boss;

39BDCA03-2BA8-4932-9076-A26084A75C41.jpeg

Its a quality poster, but UFC 249 isnt taking place on the island. 249 is happening at an undisclosed venue on the West Coast of America. The Island will host all of the International cards going forward.

• Paid Members

On Helwani, I think he's just got a bit too big for his britches. 

I was a proper fan boy, but his head has grown so big over the years. It's almost like he believes his opinion to be infallible and his status above many fighters. He has a very passive aggressive style whilst being sickly sweet to fighters he interviews. He always seems 1 minute away from going ballistic on his editing team also. 

That combined with his crying over the Dana stuff... It's a hard sell for me. I'll watch his interviews, but I do feel he's bit of a dick these days. Top shit stirrer too. 

• Paid Members

I still listen to some of Helwani's stuff (he's good at his job) but he's clearly a bit of a tosser. I started souring on him a couple of years back when he seemed to have a personal issue with Rousey, so would constantly whine and rip her apart whenever he could. The big issue seems to be that she wouldn't grant his almighty self an interview when she was big time, so Helwani has been throwing the toys out the pram ever since.

11 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Brett is the best. I wish he had a Podcast.

I don't. It seems that as soon as any of these guys get extended time on camera we start to realise they're total dicks. Okamoto should stick to doing what he's doing now. The reporting on-set gig, and a few extended sit-downs.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah there definitely seems to be some jealousy there. I’m not even a big fan of Helwani. I always liked Luke Thomas’ stuff but Christ he has really been insufferable during this pandemic. He’s always been partial to a moan but fucking hell he’s been unbearable with it the last few weeks. Even though some of his points are fair, he’s just so incessant and condescending with it that I instantly want to go against him. I just stopped looking at his content the other day in the end. Just don’t need it in my life. 

On a more positive note, BossLogic is still boss;

39BDCA03-2BA8-4932-9076-A26084A75C41.jpeg

Tremendous photo, though it looks more like a cover of a video game, which would be awesome.

And a cameo from VANGUARD-1! Could this be a historic first, a drone making the crossover from wrestling to MMA?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Rose is out of the Andrade fight. To be fair, thats the one that had me scratching my head when it was announced.

Why the scratchy head? 

The only thing that might’ve seemed off about that booking to me was that it felt a bit soon for the rematch. But it would’ve been a fun one. The first fight was good and people forget that Rose was looking really sharp before the slam. I’m not sure how the rematch would’ve gone. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Rose is out because two members of her family have died due to coronavirus. It’s fucking crazy that they’re trying to put on fights right now.  

And twats have still been slagging her on social media. Because you ‘should always be ready to go bro’. Fucking weapons. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Why the scratchy head? 

The only thing that might’ve seemed off about that booking to me was that it felt a bit soon for the rematch. But it would’ve been a fun one. The first fight was good and people forget that Rose was looking really sharp before the slam. I’m not sure how the rematch would’ve gone. 

Based off what we know about Rose, i just thought it more that she seemed like the last person who would be up for fighting given current circumstances. Im fully expecting a few more pullouts too, id like to how much the fighters on the card actually know about the logistics of whats gonna happen next week. 

Awful news about her family though, i hadn't expected that 😔

• Paid Members

Christ almighty. Even for MMA fans, the recent responses to Khabib’s and especially Rose’s pullouts on social media have reached the next level of dumb fucking arseholery;

29D4F223-1D70-4B6A-9A2B-35051E7B3A39.jpeg

EDIT - Fuck it. The whole show is off. Done. Cancelled. Shut it down. 

1FA0D93E-39D2-4EE7-A55F-D264BF04294E.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09