UFC 249: Ferguson vs Gaethje - May 9 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

A bit of a waste if they retire it straight after. There's so much they could do with something like that. Make "Fight Island" a successor series to TUF, and take the opportunity to change up the format.

Winner fights Cung Le with a claw for a hand in a room of mirrors.

• Paid Members

For the last fucking time, trying to be glass half full, I’ve updated the poll and the opening post with write ups for Cejudo vs Cruz, Pettis vs Cerrone 2, Werdum vs Oleynik and them lot. If it falls apart again 249 can eat my bumhole and fuck off forever. 

• Paid Members

The betting on this one is gonna be a coin toss, who knows what kinds of camps these fighters will have had coming in. I think we'll see some wild results on the night.

In 99% convinced its going to happen now too. I couldnt get excited before but i think its at a point now where i can actually get up for it.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:22 PM, wandshogun09 said:

He lost his last fight to Zabit in November but he gave a good showing and I felt like it could’ve been a different outcome if it was a 5 rounder.

Hi Jack Slack,

Quite looking forward to this next weekend. I can't remember the last time a UFC card was as stacked from top to bottom. Maybe UFC 200? 

• Paid Members

@jimufctna24 what’s that? I don’t see much of Slack’s stuff. He sounds like he knows his stuff though.

It’s a little doubt that is still there where Zabit is concerned. He’s taken his foot off the gas in the last round a couple of times. I think the Stephens fight for sure. And he’s only done 3 rounders so far. Does he hold up over 5 rounds? We’re getting to that point where he’s going to need to answer that soon because he’s in that contender mix now. He’s bound to be in a 5 rounder soon with a Zombie, Yair or Ortega.

I can’t recall much of Zabit vs Kattar for some reason but I do remember coming out of it feeling like Kattar probably would’ve help up better if they had 2 more rounds. I can’t remember now, why was that a 3 rounder again? It headlined but was only 3 rounds.

Edit - Ah that’s right. Zabit vs Kattar was originally the co-main in Moscow. JDS vs Volkov was meant to headline. Zabit vs Kattar got bumped up late in the day. Don’t know who said no to 5 rounds though. 

Edited by wandshogun09

23 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

what’s that? I don’t see much of Slack’s stuff. He sounds like he knows his stuff though.

Ahhh sorry 😊

Slack is obsessed with Zabit's cardio, and Mousasi/Shevchenko's fanbases. Most of it is Twitter trolling. He drops the act a bit on his podcast. I actually agree with you about Zabit's cardio btw. He does seem to fade late on in fights. Holloway is another Featherweight who would really test him over 5 rounds.

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Ah right. To be honest, outside of Brett Okamoto’s interviews, I haven’t really bothered with any of the usual MMA media’s work for a good while now. Just odd tweets and maybe an article here or there. Even Ariel Helwani and Luke Thomas have pretty much entirely vanished from my watching habits without me really realising until now.

I’m looking forward to when things pick up again with the Featherweight division. It might be the most interesting division in the UFC right now despite all the attention usually going to 155 and whatever Woodley/Usman/Colby or Jones/Adesanya are bickering about this week. 145 is class. Volkanovski beating Holloway really shook things up and that should’ve made the division hot but now with everything on hold it’s gone cold. But when it gets going again you’ve got those two plus Zombie, Zabit, Yair, Ortega, Kattar, Stephens, Barboza is dropping down, it’s such a great mix of exciting fighters. That lot could be to Featherweight MMA kind of what Leonard, Hagler, Hearns and Duran were to Middleweight Boxing in the 80s in terms of a series of tremendous fights.