UFC 249: Ferguson vs Gaethje - May 9 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, David said:

Honestly, if I was as negative has he is about the sport I'd just pack it in and go do something else.

He's the MackemMan of MMA. I wonder when "MMA's Sinking Ship" will be coming out.

15 minutes ago, neil said:

He's the MackemMan of MMA. I wonder when "MMA's Sinking Ship" will be coming out.

I don't think he used to be like this, did he? Wasn't he more positive in his coverage on MMA Fighting? Or have I just been oblivious to his attitude all along?

• Paid Members

I don’t think anyone who’s followed Dana White’s career should be the slightest bit surprised that he’s going to end up being a crazed maniac hosting dangerous, unsanctioned fights from a fucking desert island during a global pandemic.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

Is this on regular BT Sport or are they going down the Box Office route?

This is weird. Couldn’t find it listed on BT Sport’s website. Looked on the UFC site and found this. ‘Order on Fight Pass’?78526274-5AD1-467C-98CB-D357040B4285.jpeg

Edit - never mind, it’s on regular BT Sport according to their Twitter...

2C7BBFC8-BF90-4F0A-93AF-9ED0D523778A.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

On 4/7/2020 at 2:19 PM, David said:

I don't think he used to be like this, did he? Wasn't he more positive in his coverage on MMA Fighting? Or have I just been oblivious to his attitude all along?

He's always been a bit miserable whenever I have listened to him. 

I really want to know why he and Helwani fell out. 

28 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

I really want to know why he and Helwani fell out.

I had read that he thought he was going to get Helwani's slot on MMA Fighting doing the weekly show, while Helwani was going to be a roving reporter type on ESPN.

Then, Helwani decided to take his show to ESPN and that fucked Thomas over, as MMA Fighting didn't want to compete on that front.

• Paid Members

Yeah there definitely seems to be some jealousy there. I’m not even a big fan of Helwani. I always liked Luke Thomas’ stuff but Christ he has really been insufferable during this pandemic. He’s always been partial to a moan but fucking hell he’s been unbearable with it the last few weeks. Even though some of his points are fair, he’s just so incessant and condescending with it that I instantly want to go against him. I just stopped looking at his content the other day in the end. Just don’t need it in my life. 

On a more positive note, BossLogic is still boss;

39BDCA03-2BA8-4932-9076-A26084A75C41.jpeg

18 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I’m not even a big fan of Helwani.

There was a time when Helwani was almost universally liked by MMA fans. These days, especially on this forum, most seem indifferent to him. 

My own view is that people have simply become bored of him. He's been around for years, and while he is good for reporting news and rumours, there are much better fight analysts out there. One of which, coincidentally, is Luke Thomas. 

I only started paying attention to Thomas after I stumbled across his Monday Morning Breakdown segments on Youtube a few years back. He did a post-fight breakdown of the Mousasi vs Rory fight that was brilliant. Since he's stopped doing those segments, I haven't paid that much attention to him. 

I always found him to be a less dorky version of Jordan Breen. 

Edit: Before anyone brings it up, Helwani's man-crush on McGregor is also irritating. 

Edited by jimufctna24