My Kind of People

neil

• Moderators

Anyone able to find the intro to Michael Barrymore's My Kind of People? I could have sworn that it featured him joining in and singing a couple of lines, much like Cilla Black's Surprise Surprise but I can't confirm it.

On a related note, one can only hope that Brexit returns us to those magical times. Give me a B list celebrity, an elaborate set with geometric strip lighting, an announcer introducing that celeb with a catchy but functional theme tune where they join in on the second verse and an hour championing the most mundane members of the public. Make it happen Boris.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, neil said:

Anyone able to find the intro to Michael Barrymore's My Kind of People? I could have sworn that it featured him joining in and singing a couple of lines, much like Cilla Black's Surprise Surprise but I can't confirm it.

On a related note, one can only hope that Brexit returns us to those magical times. Give me a B list celebrity, an elaborate set with geometric strip lighting, an announcer introducing that celeb with a catchy but functional theme tune where they join in on the second verse and an hour championing the most mundane members of the public. Make it happen Boris.

Here’s an intro. No idea of the series, so it may have changed over time https://youtu.be/oS9KWkrm328

18 minutes ago, Mr Blake said:

Susan Boyle appeared on My Kind of People, pre BGT fame.

Ha! I never knew this!  Like a lot of people here, I read this forum while having a dump. It’s funny the amount of trivia we must have learned while sitting on the old Armitage Shanks!