Survivor Series 2019

TildeGuy~!

I didn't really notice the entrance music on the night being quieter than normal. Are you sure you didn't just have your stream turned down a bit? I doubt anyone's investment in the match was predefined by them thinking it was an Airborne tune. Or whatever it is you're trying to convey. I honestly have no idea.Ā 

12 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Ricochet has been on Raw for 9 months.

9 months.....fuck me I really have been out the loop slightly. Ok fair enough my point about ricochet is wrong and invalid but that point overall still stands with the whole brand loyalty and becoming super defensive with it.

I suppose my point is even more valid with that when you look at Kevin Owens on nxt the night before.....why would he do that and help a team out on the brand he is supposedly hating so much he is taking part in a "fight" against themĀ 

5 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I didn't really notice the entrance music on the night being quieter than normal. Are you sure you didn't just have your stream turned down a bit? I doubt anyone's investment in the match was predefined by them thinking it was an Airborne tune. Or whatever it is you're trying to convey. I honestly have no idea.Ā 

I wasn't saying they weren't invested because it was acdc or whatever I was saying the way they made there entrances didn't get the big crowd pop and push that energy you normally get for an entrance with a live crowd at a ppvĀ 

15 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I suppose my point is even more valid with that when you look at Kevin Owens on nxt the night before.....why would he do that and help a team out on the brand he is supposedly hating so much he is taking part in a "fight" against themĀ 

Because The Undisputed Era jumped him the week before, he also said he loved NXT but he was Team Raw because they needed him more then NXT did, some of your complaints are definitely valid but this isnā€™t one of them.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I wasn't saying they weren't invested because it was acdc or whatever I was saying the way they made there entrances didn't get the big crowd pop and push that energy you normally get for an entrance with a live crowd at a ppvĀ 

Its not like they were just random songs though, it was the theme song to each Brands show opening so each song made sense for its use.

I dont think they can win either way really, do one entrance as they did and there were complaints not just from you but I saw on Twitter some moans About it yet you know full well if each wrestler had there own entrance the same people would be complaining the show was over 4 hours long.

The Blue, Red shirts has always been ridiculous in concept though, when nobody is ever given a reason for caring who wins and nothing ever rewarding comes the winning brands way yet each year we are told to believe each wrestler has this loyalty to the shirt

• Paid Members

Yeah, my enthusiasm for this show fell out of my arse during that Tag Match on the pre-show when it became apparent these tri-brand matches meant mini Triple Threat matches all night long. The wrestlers did about as well as they could but there's only so much Triple Threat action you can come up with before it gets old.

It's amazing how a bit of competition can drastically change things. Twelve months ago there's no way NXT would've been featured at all, never mind positioned so strongly. Fair play to Vince for doing everything he can to win on Wednesday nights but you could still see him fighting against his own instincts. Matt Riddle pinning Randy Orton and looking like a million dollars? Have Corbin pin him immediately afterwards. Walter being pinned after about two minutes was pure shit too. Overall though, Rhea and Keith Lee felt like megastars by the end of the night so (provided they stay on NXT) I'm happy. It's crazy how little they've done with Keith Lee for what feels like forever, only for someone to seemingly realise, "hang on, this guy is great!"

Mysterio vs. Brock was so fucking fun. Anyone still trying to hold on to the idea that Brock Lesnar is anything less than absolutely brilliant is a complete fool.He''s officially Mr. Survivor Series at this point. You can always bank on him to have a blinder on this PPV. I was grinning like a dickhead once Dominic started busting out spots. Fair play to the lad. That was a hell of a Frog Splash. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they've got planned but in the moment it felt like a mistake to not do the Title switch. The crowd would've gone apeshit if Rey had gotten that three count and they could've built for the rematch down the line. I can't think of anything bigger or better for Brock going forward.

I didn't watch Crown Jewel and hadn't seen much of Bray Wyatt since Hell in a Cell, so it was impressive to see he hasn't been completely killed by the stink of that Rollins feud. The entrance was still cool as fuck, the crowd seemed to still be on board and Daniel Bryan was able to have a far better match with him than Seth did. That red lighting has got to go though. There's nothing worse in WWE than these weird kicks that Vince has, where everyone else knows it's shit but it takes Vince months before admitting defeat. Sin Cara's weird lighting, the purple ropes for cruiserweight matches, the no-wrestling-during-adverts thing. Just let it go, Vince.

Dull as dishwater main event. I couldn't believe it when the show ended and they'd put that match on last without a Ronda angle to save it. It was nice to have a book-end to the Becky Lynch thing though. This time last year she felt primed to become the biggest thing in the business. Twelve months later and despite Vince seeming to think that's still the case that crowd clearly thought otherwise.

Well for a company who have repeatedly said the wednesday night war was a marathon not a sprint it seemed a big moveĀ to have NXT win one of the traditional "big 4" PPV's without pretty much any major shenanigans involved at all.

It felt to me like a massive spotlight on NXT at the expense of most of the main roster.Ā 

I also agree with the point about the brand specific version of Survivor Series making next to no sense whatsoever. TheĀ draft was 6 weeks ago and what loyalty would or should anyone have to their "brand". The concept appears to have had no thought whatsoever.

I felt Owens was well explained that it was payback for UE attacking him. The one that made the least sense of the night for me was the NXT womens team having 4 of the 5 members who had been on opposite sides of a War Games match the night before. I don't recall there even being a hint of dissention in the ranks either.

"We hate each other enough to settle our differences in War Games...but we love NXT enough to team together the next night".

Madness.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

14 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Well for a company who have repeatedly said the wednesday night war was a marathon not a sprint it seemed a big moveĀ to have NXT win one of the traditional "big 4" PPV's without pretty much any major shenanigans involved at all.

It felt to me like a massive spotlight on NXT at the expense of most of the main roster.Ā 

I also agree with the point about the brand specific version of Survivor Series making next to no sense whatsoever. TheĀ draft was 6 weeks ago and what loyalty would or should anyone have to their "brand". The concept appears to have had no thought whatsoever.

I felt Owens was well explained that it was payback for UE attacking him. The one that made the least sense of the night for me was the NXT womens team having 4 of the 5 members who had been on opposite sides of a War Games match the night before. I don't recall there even being a hint of dissention in the ranks either.

"We hate each other enough to settle our differences in War Games...but we love NXT enough to team together the next night".

Madness.

Of all the brands NXT is able to get away with that more then the other 2 as it does come across as more us vs them in regards to NXT vs WWE

The whole Roster is/was portrayed as having a bond of being the rebel/Upstart brand that supposedly thrives despite not being Vince's play thing

Being part of NXT is more then just representing the TV show.

Rhea said something along those lines when she named the team after Wargames and named 2 opponents from that match as Teamates as she respected them they are the best to deliver and showcase what the NXT brand is.

As I said I think NXT can just about get away with that thinking as for them it was the showcase for them as a BrandĀ 

Edited by MVP RULZ

10 hours ago, Supremo said:

Yeah, my enthusiasm for this show fell out of my arse during that Tag Match on the pre-show when it became apparent these tri-brand matches meant mini Triple Threat matches all night long. The wrestlers did about as well as they could but there's only so much Triple Threat action you can come up with before it gets old.

It's amazing how a bit of competition can drastically change things. Twelve months ago there's no way NXT would've been featured at all, never mind positioned so strongly. Fair play to Vince for doing everything he can to win on Wednesday nights but you could still see him fighting against his own instincts. Matt Riddle pinning Randy Orton and looking like a million dollars? Have Corbin pin him immediately afterwards. Walter being pinned after about two minutes was pure shit too. Overall though, Rhea and Keith Lee felt like megastars by the end of the night so (provided they stay on NXT) I'm happy. It's crazy how little they've done with Keith Lee for what feels like forever, only for someone to seemingly realise, "hang on, this guy is great!"

Mysterio vs. Brock was so fucking fun. Anyone still trying to hold on to the idea that Brock Lesnar is anything less than absolutely brilliant is a complete fool.He''s officially Mr. Survivor Series at this point. You can always bank on him to have a blinder on this PPV. I was grinning like a dickhead once Dominic started busting out spots. Fair play to the lad. That was a hell of a Frog Splash. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they've got planned but in the moment it felt like a mistake to not do the Title switch. The crowd would've gone apeshit if Rey had gotten that three count and they could've built for the rematch down the line. I can't think of anything bigger or better for Brock going forward.

I didn't watch Crown Jewel and hadn't seen much of Bray Wyatt since Hell in a Cell, so it was impressive to see he hasn't been completely killed by the stink of that Rollins feud. The entrance was still cool as fuck, the crowd seemed to still be on board and Daniel Bryan was able to have a far better match with him than Seth did. That red lighting has got to go though. There's nothing worse in WWE than these weird kicks that Vince has, where everyone else knows it's shit but it takes Vince months before admitting defeat. Sin Cara's weird lighting, the purple ropes for cruiserweight matches, the no-wrestling-during-adverts thing. Just let it go, Vince.

Dull as dishwater main event. I couldn't believe it when the show ended and they'd put that match on last without a Ronda angle to save it. It was nice to have a book-end to the Becky Lynch thing though. This time last year she felt primed to become the biggest thing in the business. Twelve months later and despite Vince seeming to think that's still the case that crowd clearly thought otherwise.

Has there been anything recently to even hint at that, or is it just wishful thinking? I thought Ronda was done now.

Completely agree on the red lighting, who on earth is watching that thinking it's a good idea, unfortunately it makes the Fiends matches unwatchable.

• Paid Members

I haven't watched WWE since April but I'm really intrigued to check out Styles/Roddy/Nakamura, Dunne/Cole and the main men's multi-man tag.

The big question is; what's the crowd like? If they're sitting on their hands or just reacting to one or two highspots then I won't bother watching. I have heard scuttlebutt that this Chicago crowd was kinda dead...

1 minute ago, Accident Prone said:

I haven't watched WWE since April but I'm really intrigued to check out Styles/Roddy/Nakamura, Dunne/Cole and the main men's multi-man tag.

The big question is; what's the crowd like? If they're sitting on their hands or just reacting to one or two highspots then I won't bother watching. I have heard scuttlebutt that this Chicago crowd was kinda dead...

Anytime they disagreed with something they chanted CM Punk, they were quiet for Dunne/Cole for the most part but got more into it as it went on but they were loud for the closing stretch of the menā€™s Survivors match which made it more of a big deal.

• Paid Members

The first half of DunneĀ vs. Cole gets tragic silence from the crowd, the type of apathy usually only saved for cruiserweight title or, ā€œbonus,ā€ piss-break matches slotted just before the main event. To their credit though they have them on their feet by the end of it. Adam Cole in particular has done himself wonders this past month.